1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awake "Say Hello To My Little Friend" S1E11 OAD 5/10/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, May 11, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Well now we know why the Captain and the Cigarette Man got so nervous when Britten started asking around about "The Little Guy" back in the episode with that title.

We already knew the car crash was an attempt on his life by someone connected to the police, so him realizing it at the end had no shock value.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I thought this was an excellent episode. Well written, well acted, and it did a great job of keeping you hooked on the overall story arc.

A shame that, according to the ratings, you & I are about the only two watching this. :(

3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Bummed that NBC announced today that Awake was not renewed. Hopefully the series finale next week will be satisfying..

4. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Excellent episode.

Hopefully they wrap it up nicely.

5. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Did they just find out it was cancelled? If so, a nice wrap it seems unlikely. Too bad.

6. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Canceled???

Suckaroo :(

7. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Good writing and acting all season long. Should have been a planned two season series. Too bad it won't get the second season.

8. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I just watched the last 4 episodes that I'd let pile up. I wish this had been picked up instead of Touch.

I hope they let us know what's really going on with him.

9. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    My TiVo has two upcoming: Two Birds on the 17th and Turtles all the Way Down on the 24th.

10. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Another set of eyeballs here. Enjoyed the episode, really hope they manage to wrap it up. :(

11. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I agree. I liked this much more than Touch. I will miss it when the last two episodes are done. I too hope that they will explain some things.

12. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    +2

13. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This this this

My To-Do List shows the same.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Add me into the mix as someone who's watching. Just when the story was starting to veer away from the typical baddie of the week cop drama too.

But, I'm kinda sick of Bohemian Rhapsody now :)

15. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    This!

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Couple more renditions, and I'll be ready for both of them to die in both universes!

17. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    I will miss this show. No matter how they wrap it, I have enjoyed nearly every episode and that is good enough for me. Each one hooked me to the next. Of course, I would like to know what was behind all of this, but if not, it was an enjoyable ride.

18. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    The problem with "if not" is that the more shows do that (end it without sufficient explanation), the more viewers will be reluctant to give new shows a chance. Why should I become invested when I'm just going to get dumped on the side of the road? Already with DVRs technology, people are starting to record the show, not watch it, and save them up. If the show gets picked up or enough people give it a thumbs up, they watch them, otherwise they delete them.

19. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    And that's one of the reasons why shows are getting canned. Recorded shows aren't counted in ratings unless watched within a day. Saving up a bunch of shows and watching them later is the same as not watching at all as far as the ratings are concerned.

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Count me as another watcher. Just caught up on this and the next episode last night. Really wish this show could be renewed, as I've found it very interesting and well done, but I've known for a while it had no chance for renewal based on the ratings.