1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awake 4/12/12 "Ricky's Tacos"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I have no idea what this means, but it must mean something. The real estate company on the sign at the end was Ferris-Diamond, and the family with the molesting father was named Ferris...

2. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Ferris Diamond was also the company selling the Distribution Center in both worlds.

3. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Damn, I knew Carl Ferris was behind it all!

I didn't like this episode as much as last week's but I liked the taco stand telling him not to go to Portland.

I think the lack of family dynamic played against things in this episode.
    That said, I still think it was interesting even though I still have no idea what's going on with the two realities.

4. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    He sees his partner with the bag from Ricky's Tacos, and asks, "Why'd you go there?" thinking it was going to be some revealing truth that would help his inquiry. "Two for one Tuesdays," was the reply. "Here I got you one." "Oh..."

Sometimes a cigar is JUST a cigar.

Maybe I'm not seeing much of his carreer, but I seem to vaguely remember the actor that played the molesting father from other roles, and they are all, or at least mostly, sleazy, creapy characters. The moment I saw him on screen I knew he was responsible somehow.

5. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    So for two weeks he's had "outside interference": last week the penguin helped him and this week the speaker box advised him. What the hell is going on? Maybe in earlier weeks it was outside interference but it wasn't so obvious?

6. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    The Penguin was in the son-verse, adn the taco speaker box was in the wife-verse. Any theories as to what they are trying to get across to us as to what is real, and what is the dream? I think they are deliberately making it ambiguous.

His boss is going to be annoyed when he changes his ming and doesn't leave.

7. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Penguin was in both. Indicated the son and the ring, and sat beside him on the bench talking to "the shrink" about the bomb guy.

8. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    The Penguin actually showed up in both universes, but it was supposedly because he was drugged. There was no reason for the taco speaker box given.

9. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yes on both counts. I wondered if the speaker box voice identity was important, but it wasn't distinct enough... could have been the drive-thru guy or anyone else.

10. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Yes, the penguin was IN both, but it specifically told him about the ring in the son-verse. I should have been more specific about that.