1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoiding spoiler when watching football

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ajayabb, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    Does anyone have a better technique when watching a recorded football game to avoid seeing the score when turning on the TV for the first time. I usually hit pause to freeze TV first before turning on my receiver and TV and hope my eye doesnt catch the score on the paused live Tv screen in the corner before starting the recording.

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Try TiVo button, and then the "slow" button to turn off the preview window. Then turn on the TV

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Active Member

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I have turned off the preview window (in settings) for that, and several other reasons.

My personal habit is to hit the Tivo button twice, then TV Power. (At this point, it's just habit, I do it whether I'm thinking about it or not). So when the TV comes on, I'm at Now Playing.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes, permanently turn off the preview window under settings. Major spoiler feature and just glad it's one of those things TiVo actually gives an option to enable/disable.

5. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    Hey good to know. I wasnt aware that you could turn off that feature