1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Standby Mode, 18hrs inactivity

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by CoxInPHX, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Premiere enters Standby Automatically after 18 hours of no "direct" activity, I was still accessing the Premiere via the Elite using MRS.

I move a Premiere to a bedroom where it is not currently being used daily. After the first day I noticed it was in Standby Mode. I assumed someone set it. 2nd day it was in Standby again, this time I asked if anyone had set it, no one had. So last night at midnight I last accessed it directly, tonight at 6pm it was in Standby again.

Since I have never seen this before, and cannot find a posting, can anyone verify that this is now normal?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Never seen that. I've been on vacation for weeks at a time leaving multiple units without interaction but still recording and they never have gone into standby mode on their own.

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Standby??? When the Premiere is put into standby mode MRV and MRS still works. The only timeout I know of is if you are in the menus after 15 minutes the DVR times-out to Live TV.