1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

Audio sync problem with Roamio Basic

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hybucket, Nov 17, 2013.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I have the Roamio basic...no component connection, just HDMI. I have the audio hooked up to a receiver via optical. When I listen to the audio thru the receiver, there is a slight delay, causing the sound to be slightly out of sync with the pic. When I listen thru the TV (which I really don't want), it is OK. If I listen to both together, I can hear the slight delay which gives an echo effect. My HD is hooked up with component video and optical audio and I don't have this problem. Any one have a solution to this (other than to upgrade to Plus or Pro to get the component outputs)?

2. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Most receivers have an audio delay setting. I have to use this on mine.

3. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    None on mine. Will pick up an audio delay unit if I can find a cheapie.