1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio sync on Fox shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BiloxiGeek, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Was wondering if anyone else has seen an issue with the audio getting out of sync with the video on shows recorded on Fox network? I've seen this happening with Bones and The Following on Fox (WXXV in Biloxi, Ms) over the last couple of months. I can't say if it's happening on the live broadcast cause I almost never watch anything live. So it's usually later in the evening or sometime the next day that I watch recordings. Typically the show starts off and everything is synced up and looking just fine. About 15 or 20 minutes into the show after skipping past the first and possibly the second commercial break the audio and video are out of sync by 1/2 or 1 second. I have not noticed this on any other recordings or channels. Just stuff on Fox.
  2. stevewjackson

stevewjackson Steve W. Jackson

Nov 2, 2007
    I watch both of those programs, never live, and have not experienced any issues at all with them. My only issue is that Fox and TNT consistently have lower volumes than other channels I record and thus mandate that I increase my set's volume.
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Then the chances are really good that it's either the fault of your local FOX broadcast affiliate, or it's the fault of the cable company that takes their signal and puts it on the cable.

In other words, it's already broke before it gets into your house.