1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio static buzz

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by eboydog, May 9, 2014.

1. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Has anyone had the audio suddenly go from normal to loud static buzz (using hdmi for audio) ?

Both of my Roamio basics have done this from time to time, both before this last spring's update and after. Most recently mine did it last night, I was simply changing the tuner from one to another who suddenly all I could hear was a static buzz, much like if you tuned your FM radio to blank frequency.

It lasted about 2 or 3 seconds, it's just on the one tuned channel as if I change channels it remains but if I switch to another tuner, it goes away. My audio output is set to PCM however I have had audio set to Dolby and it still occurs, when this happens, it's the audio over hdmi, Toslink optical doesn't seem effected.

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
  3. nooneuknow

nooneuknow TiVo User Since 2007

Feb 5, 2011
    Cox Cable...
    Anybody getting anywhere with this? I'm beginning to feel like all the 777-clear sequences I've been dutifully doing, while being on enhanced log-monitoring, isn't doing anything but wearing out my remote buttons.

4. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Didn't realize this was spring update bug, I swore i had this before the update but perhaps not. Thanks for the link but it would appear I would be wasting my time to report it.

TiVo truly needs to get back to basics with their products, I wasn't aware that by purchasing a Roamio TiVo that you were automatically designated a beta tester. Perhaps this explains why Joliet committed suicide as she just couldn't handle dealing with Roamio's developmental problems? Very tragic! :D

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    :confused: Why do you think that? If everyone thought like you, nothing would get fixed.
    So what if you've wasted some time. At least you can say you tried, and it gives TiVo that much more data to work with.

I feel this has always been the case with TiVo. TiVo's beta covers the showstoppers (most of the time), then the software is unleashed to the general public to root out the details. :p

I wish TiVo wasn't so picky about who can participate in their beta tests. They would probably get a lot more willing participants if they allowed people in who have upgraded their hard drives, etc. Plus they would get some real world data, as opposed to the data they get now which is limited because everyone in the beta test has the same basic configuration.
    IMO, it's not a real beta test unless every possible configuration is taken into consideration, and TiVo doesn't do things that way.

6. nooneuknow

nooneuknow TiVo User Since 2007

Feb 5, 2011
    Cox Cable...
    I agree with both sentiments, and mostly everything you said.