1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio out port on Bolt (basic 500GB version)

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by yukit, Jun 18, 2017.

1. yukit

yukit Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Can anyone confirm the audio out port is just regular stereo line out?
    Or do I need a special audio/video splitter cable used with Tivo Mini to get analog sound from Bolt?

My new Bolt is just sitting by a router & PC for now without a TV or AV receiver. The HDMI out from the Bolt is connected to my PC monitor without sound. This is fine for scheduling shows on the Bolt.

I am watching recorded shows on the Bolt from another Tivo with the Device menu option to access the Bolt content. This is working well over my home network.

This is just a temporary situation until I am done watching all of recordings on the old TivoHD (finally deactivated from the upgrade.) The Bolt will replace the TivoHD eventually, but I realized this would take a few month or more at the current pace. So I am just trying to get some analog sound out of the Bolt at the current location.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You'll need a breakout cable similar to the Mini to get analog audio from the Bolt.