1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by UCLABB, Jul 29, 2012.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    This is a little OT, but I'm hoping someone here can help. I have an optical audio connection from my Premiere to my Sony receiver and Component vid to the TV. (Using the TiVo HDMI output for something else.) Receiver is set for DD. Sound is fine on all cable channels and every broadcast channel except two. As far as I know these two channels are both in DD, at least it says so on the info screen. One is NBC (Los Angeles). I can actually get all of the Olympics audio with the TiVo set to DD, but very few of the commercials. But for most other NBC programs I am forced to go into the TiVo settings and switch to PCM which is a pain in the butt.

Any suggestions or explanations?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    This is an odd situation. I suggest temporarily severing the HDMI connection and see if the symptoms continue.

3. chimerax

chimerax New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    As far as I know the trouble lies with the mode of transmission by the particular channel (NBC). They may have transmitted the Olympics in DD mode and other programs in PCM mode. The PCM transmission mode is better than DD mode. Maybe the info screen is not updated. I don’t think it as an issue with TiVo.