1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio is missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by slimjim867, Jul 7, 2013.

1. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    I have some .avi files that i sometimes watch on my laptop and sometimes watch on one of my tv's off one of my tivo premiers. I store these files on an external hdd on my network and use tivo desktop to transfer them to my tivo.
    They still play fine on a computer but the audio is missing when i try to play them through either of my 2 premiers.
    Thanks for your help.
    Danny

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Probably not what you want to hear, but use pyTivo instead of TiVo Desktop to transfer the files.

3. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Thanks but,
    I'd prefer to work with what i have.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo Desktop does not work the same way as PyTivo does, and has more features, such as push, which does not do much transcoding as when you pull from playlist.

5. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Any ideas out there as to why this is happening and how i can fix it?

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You need to post more information about the videos themselves using something like mediainfo. TiVo Desktop probably can't handle the audio stream if it's ac3. pyTivo would most likely work.