1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio drops

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hornmustang, Oct 19, 2013.

1. hornmustang

hornmustang New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    So this just started happening two days ago with my Roamio Plus. Every now and then (maybe once an hour) my audio drops out. If I push the tivo button or change channels the audio comes back. Audio is set to Dolby Digital. The Roamio is connected with HDMI to my Pioneer receiver and then HDMI to my tv. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. cosmicvoid

cosmicvoid Tivo noob

Oct 13, 2013
    Seattle-ish
    Sounds like a HDMI issue. Try bypassing the Pioneer and go directly to the TV, and see if it still happens.

3. hornmustang

hornmustang New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    So just to update on this issue. I changed the audio setting to PCM and I stopped getting audio drops. The downside is that I lost dolby digital which sucks. Any idea why DD doesn't work for me?

4. mjcxp

mjcxp Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Using DD 5.1 the audio drops every time you go into or leave Tivo Central. It is extremely annoying. I believe it is due to the remote sounds the Tivo makes, but since it is DD 5.1 it has no way to insert the sounds. I have learned to live with it.