1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlantic Broadband, Roamio DVR i& Motorola SB6141

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by The18thLetter, Feb 9, 2014.

1. The18thLetter

The18thLetter New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Hello,

I'm considering signing up for Atlantic Broadband service with TiVo and purchasing my own modem. I understand that any modem I purchase must be MoCA compatible. I'm interested in getting the Motorola SB6141 for it's great performance and solid ratings on Amazon and other sites.

Does anyone have any experience with this modem and TiVo? The spec sheet for this modem states that it "Includes an internal filter to eliminate potential interference from MoCA signalsÂ’ intermodulation beats". I'm not knowledgable enough to figure out whether or not that means it is MoCA compatible. Is it?

If it is not, is there an adapter I can purchase to make it compatible?

Thanks for any advice or feedback you can provide.

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I have the SB6141 working like a charm on Time Warner Cable with a Roamio Plus and 2 Minis. It is a really great cable modem and I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. If you do buy the 6141, just make sure you buy the white model not the black model. The reviews on Amazon explain why.

3. V-1

V-1 New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Atlantic Broadband told me that I would HAVE to rent their modem to use their TiVo.