1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the Cable Show, an industry fights cord-cutting with technology

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sbiller, Jun 13, 2013.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium New Member

Mar 28, 2010
  3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Not sure I know what revolked (sic) means...

You may recall that the USPTO once ruled that TiVo's Time Warp patent is invalid.

The European Patent Office (EPO) process allows an appeal of the patent revocation.

TiVo disagrees with the ruling, plans to appeal, and no outcome impacts current European business as TiVo's European partners are worried about competition, results, and customer satisfaction -- not patents.

4. Richard Cranium

Mar 28, 2010
    Looks like you know EXACTLY what revoked means, Shill. :confused:

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Maybe you should go back into your hole Tim TiVo and bring this up again when the EPO issues the final rejection of the appeal.

6. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    He knows what "revoked" means, just not the meaning of "revolked," which is what you originally stated. ;)

7. Richard Cranium

Mar 28, 2010
    Oh! Pointing out my typo after claiming the MOTO settlement would be $1.6 BILLION? Thats pretty funny! :D

8. Richard Cranium

Mar 28, 2010
    Why? Doesn't change the fact you completely ignore the fact that the patent has been revoked (happy now?) and most likely the reason your settlement number was off by $1.4 BILLION!, Shill :eek:

9. Johncv

Johncv Active Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
  10. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    It looks like the X2 Cloud by Comcast might be the way to record programs. I just wish Comcast would let you access the stored programs on their DVR's by your computer. I am hoping that the X2 platform might enable that. I have a TivoHD, a Comcast DVR and their box for playing back the DVR from any other TV in the house. I prefer the way the TivoHD handles things, especially the 30 sec jump forward.

11. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Uh, no thanks - Comcast recently had a multi-day outage on their X1 platform that disabled not just watching cloud-based recordings but also your local ones. Not to mention that with cloud-based DVRs you're back in the boat of having your stuff disappear for no reason, just like VOD with 'viewing windows'.

I want full control over what I want to record and watch, thanks.

12. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It seems nice until Comcast forces you to watch commercials. It's the next logical step.

13. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    It's already being considered:
    http://news.yahoo.com/comcasts-x2-platform-saves-tv-shows-online-154109733.html
    Probably unskippable commercials as well like the Hulu+ crap that I will never use.