1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrow S02E08 OAD 12/04/2013 "The Scientist"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtle, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dec 5, 2013 #1 of 12
    dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    So, how will Barry Allen gets "quick on his feet"? The drugs, or the soon opened Star Labs Particle Accelerator? :)

Ra's al Ghul must be the leader of the main "Legion of Doom", so to speak. Almost every villain is tied to him, and is afraid of him.

Detective Lance must be an idiot. He talks to Felicity about "our mutual friend", all the while Oliver is right there investigating a crime.

It's good to see the superhero "lose" for once. Overall, a good episode.

2. Dec 5, 2013 #2 of 12
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I had to laugh when he was standing on the ladder next to the shelves of dangerous chemicals during the lightning storm. :D

But I think they're setting it up for the accelerator, which kinda makes more sense (not that it's less ridiculous, but that it won't seem as ridiculous to the average viewer).

It's funny to see Ollie get so jealous over Barry and Felicity. One thing I like about this show is they're not afraid to show the hero being a dick (or a murderer, for that matter).

3. Dec 5, 2013 #3 of 12
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Or an idiot. Knowing how strong and fast his enemy was, anyone with half a brain would have come prepared with better weapons and a better plan. But not Oliver. He just struts in and gets his ass handed to him.

4. Dec 5, 2013 #4 of 12
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Thea's boyfriend is standing five feet from the vigilante, looking dead at him and *still* can't tell it's Ollie. Then Ollie shoots him with an arrow. Now *that's* being a dick. He could have just explained why the bad guy was so dangerous.

I know it's a tv show but the bad guy punched Ollie in the side and through the truck's closed door. Ollie should have a big fist sized hole in his abdomen.

5. Dec 5, 2013 #5 of 12
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Although he said he'd beaten one of the super-soldiers before, so presumably he had some kind of strategy in mind (not that he got much use out of it!)...

6. Dec 5, 2013 #6 of 12
    Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Super soldier still has to breathe. I would stuck an arrow in him that would have released a knockout gas. If the gas didn't stop the guy, it would have slowed him down.

7. Dec 5, 2013 #7 of 12
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    In the Brad Meltzer penned Green Arrow arc, "The Archer's Quest", Ollie put an arrow through each of Solomon Grundy's feet, pining him in place and enabling Grundy's downfall.

So seeing him do it in the TV show amused me although I'm guessing that Geoff Johns realized that Grundy could pull the arrows out.

It does seem to be that they are about introduce super powers into the Arrow universe though.
    Although Barry Allen is an interesting choice to appear in Arrow as in the comics, Barry and Ollie haven't exactly been friends.
    (Something about a custody battle over Hal Jordan.)

8. Dec 5, 2013 #8 of 12
    Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    The casting of Barry Allen left a little to be desired (he should have been blonde.) I always thought of Barry as less of a social nerd. The explanation of his parent's death is interesting: I'm thinking Professor Zoom.

9. Dec 5, 2013 #9 of 12
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's the irony of the comic book version...
    Barry Allen becomes the Flash as in indirect result of his desire to find out who murdered his mother, and his being the Flash directly leads to Zoom killing his mother.
    It would certainly give them an ongoing storyline for the Flash TV show...

10. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I liked the actor that played Barry and thought he did a good job -- but I kept thinking "Andrew Garfield meets Sheldon Cooper." ;)

11. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...

I didn't know that. Sounds like they are following that pretty closely.

12. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Considering that Geoff Johns co-wrote the episode and he's the one who inserted it into Flash: Rebirth, it's not surprising to see it come here.

It was also a major plot point of Flashpoint.