1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrow - S01E07 - "Muse of Fire" 11/28/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JYoung, Nov 29, 2012.

1. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Holy crap!
    It's the Huntress!
    Not only that, it's the dark, post Crisis Huntress.

Managing to avoid spoilers, I had no idea that they were bringing in Mr. Bertinelli's little girl to this series.

And it was a welcome surprise as I wouldn't have expected her to work so well here.
    But she does.

She's the one person that Oliver can be totally emotionally honest with because of similar emotional wounds.
    Oliver can't be honest with those who don't know his secret.

And he can't be totally open with Diggle (at least not yet) but he can with a kindred spirit.

But Helena is willing to go farther than Oliver so no doubt this will cause issues.

And this almost took my attention away from the fact that Tommy's father is the head of the Secret Cabal that Oliver's trying to take down.
    And he cuts off Tommy?
    Is this the start of Tommy's descent to the dark side?

We also had some nice Thea and Mom moments as well so with all of this going on, I didn't really miss the Island flashback this week.

All in all, while the main plot is moving along, the subplots are also percolating nicely.

It does look like Helena will have a multi-episode arc but I do wonder how long she'll stick around.

I did notice that this episode was co-written by Geoff Johns and I assume that "Michael Staton" was a shout out to Huntress co-creator Joe Staton.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I wonder if the Huntress will be called by that name on this show. Maybe she'll be the Hoodette. Or the Hoodrat. Or Miss Viggie.

I don't like Tommy anyway but does your car get immediately reposessed if you get cut off financially? Don't you have to miss a couple of payments? It's not like someone can just give the car back and tell the bank to forget about the money that's still owed.

Oliver has a strange moral compass. He seems to have no problem letting some murderers get away with it if he likes them.

3. Dec 1, 2012 #3 of 23
    MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Maybe the car is a lease.

As to Oliver's moral compass, I suspect the compass will point to whomever Lil' Ollie is pointing to.

(Oh my gawd, kids! Look away... his arrow is quivering!)

4. Dec 2, 2012 #4 of 23
    alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I thought, "Holy crap! It's Paul Ballard!"
    Okay, I'm a Whedonverse geek.

5. Dec 2, 2012 #5 of 23
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Active Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    What kind of billionaire doesn't outright own their car?

6. Dec 3, 2012 #6 of 23
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    One who uses Dad's money and/or one who leases.

7. Dec 3, 2012 #7 of 23
    MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I would assume a lot of them. There are significant tax advantages to leasing automobiles & treating that as a business or corporate expense.

The mantra used to be (and it still makes some sense today) "purchase an appreciating asset, lease a depreciating asset."

8. Dec 3, 2012 #8 of 23
    vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I guess so

Wish I had those problems to figure out :D

9. Dec 3, 2012 #9 of 23
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    While I am enjoying the show, I get the feeling I am missing out by not know who any of these other characters are before they are introduced.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I actually enjoy the fact that I haven't "read" any of the comics or know anything about them....I guess I'm an Arrow virgin...

11. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yep. The only reason I know about (Green) Arrow was because he was in Smallville. :p

12. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    Yeah, and I think the show is written that way as well. IIRC they have never once used the full classic character name, and that alone suggests that they're aiming (no pun) more toward a general audience rather than the existing Green Arrow fan-base.

13. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    My wife has no past experience in comics (other than comics themed movies) and she really enjoys the show. It's interesting how many characters they are doing but not giving them the actual comics names. I like it.

14. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Didn't they use Deadshot?

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yes, but I still argue he was just shot, not dead. :D

16. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Catching up...

What izzit about becoming a superhero that automagically gives you unbeatable martial arts skillz? Do these guys secretly take the SuperHero track at night school?

It looks like Diggle's role here was telling Ollie he couldn't do something or how stupid it was to do it.

The mafia #1 had to fibnd here necklace to know it was here. He couldn't have just looked when Oille took off her helmet?

Oille was awful forgiving and forgetting with the broad who shot his mother.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, in Ollie's case it was being stuck on an island for five years with Mr Miyagi...

18. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I'm just getting caught up on a few weeks of the show. I knew it was the Huntress right away, I think she'll be a good arc. Was last weeks an homage to the Royal Flush gang?

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes.

20. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    So is the tech girl Oracle?