1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development - S4E3 - Indian Takers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SoBelle0, May 29, 2013.

1. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    "Lindsay's Arrested Development"

Took me a bit to adjust to Portia de Rossi's look. What happened?

She's always been my favorite. After Michael, her twin brother... Not really.
    One of the absolutely clueless-est. :)

Poor Maeby.
    "You know, 'cause then we'd have it."
    and a NINJA loan.
    The butter bit made me laugh out loud, and then just got gross.
    Didn't care much for the addict couple.

Camp KissaMeMommy was just what you'd expect from Lucille and Buster. That kid did a great Buster.

Ron Howard really pulls it all together. So much can come through those little tidbits.

2. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    How much of the Outsourced cast was in this?

3. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I only recognized the one guy - repeatedly :) - but, I didn't watch Outsourced.

4. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Ninja, please!

I think Portia looks like she's lost a lot of weight or something.

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yeah the first guy selling her the purse, then the second salesman, the cabbie, the guy at the front desk of the hotel. I stopped paying attention after that.

Weight loss and a little nip/tuck I think.

6. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    The female bus passenger as well.

7. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I mentioned her look in the other thread. It's her face, she's had something happen to her cheeks so they are more prominent and no longer move. She looks a little more like her old self in the later episodes.

8. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Yes, looks like the skin might be a bit tighter, eyes rounder, and definitely looks thinner to me. She also seemed pale with the way she was made up. Simply making her eyebrows match would have helped some.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I actually thought in a few scenes her look was similar to Anne Heche, coincidentally enough... ;)

9. Hmm252000

Hmm252000 Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I thought the same thing too! Either they were giving some sort of tribute to that show or it's a sad example of the lack of Indian actors in Hollywood.

10. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I really liked her in the old show, not so much in the new. It could just be put down to getting older or perhaps you are correct and Ellen is putting something in her food.

11. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    She does look different for sure. I watched that pilot episode of Mockingbird Lane. She played Lily in that. I didn't realize it was her until after I'd watched the show. It looked nothing like her.

12. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    [​IMG]

13. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
  14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Definitely thought Portia looked very different, and not necessarily better. Seems she's had work done and it had the opposite of the intended effect.

The scene with Ed Helms selling them the house was pretty funny, upselling them from the one-bedroom to 10,000 square feet. And hilarious that Maeby was right there in the room when they told him they had no kids.

15. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Well, that was terrible.

I thought people were just being mean about Portia. I was wrong. Her face was about 5 shades lighter than the rest of her. Half the time she looked like Christine Taylor. I saw her in person at an event in October and she looked stunning, but I was maybe 25' away from the stage. What a bummer, she was so pretty.

The only thing that made me laugh was "ninja, please!" Otherwise, this just affirmed my belief that if they couldn't get the full cast together they shouldn't have bothered. It was an unfunny hot mess.