1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development S4E2 "Borderline Personalities" *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, May 26, 2013.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The scene with Buster sucking the smoke from Lucille's mouth had me in stitches. Freakin' hilarious.

And all the stuff with Barry Zuckercorn not really knowing anything about the law was classic.

2. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I was really disappointed in this episode. I thought it was confusing and not funny. It had a few moments, but otherwise was very weak.

3. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Phew. I was thinking it was just me. I'm worried about the rest now, I feel like they are trying to be too clever. It mostly worked with the previous linear format but here, where they are trying to sync up all these stories it seems to be trying to be complex for the sake of it. I've only watched 2 and I can't keep up, once we get to 7 or 8 I could be in trouble.

4. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I'm not a fan of George so this was probably my least favorite episode. I liked the later episodes better than this one but it is all very confusing at times with the way they play around with timelines.

5. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    It's not the timeline I have trouble with, but the legal and financial stuff. Lucille is in trouble now. Why does that mean they have to divorce? They get a bailout and George Sr buys land just to sell it? If it wasn't so unfunny I'd watch it again to try to follow along.

6. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    This episode was terrible. Few laughs and like Zevida says, disjointed as all get out. Probably a good example of how the season will go. Some character's episodes will be good, some not so good.

To be fair, I've never enjoyed George Sr. that much.

7. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Yes this was a weak episode, but it sets things up for later. I'm also finding that while George's character is correct, Tambor forgot how to play Oscar. The short hair/bald look doesn't help Oscar either.

Greg

8. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I thought Young Barry Zuckercorn was so spot on, then saw he was played by Henry Winkler's son!

I liked episode 1 better but this was still pretty funny. Waterproof cameras. Everything with Barry Zuckercorn. Funny stuff.

I think I'm going to slow down and try to stick to 1 episode every day or two - I actually watched episode 1 twice and it was funnier the second time.

9. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    I was wondering about that, the resemblance was very strong!

Loved every bit of that scene.

10. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    The "divorce" was to separate and protect assets that could be attached by the government. He was buying land that would later be re-sold to the government to build the Mexican-proof wall. It's like knowing the planned route of a new highway and buying the land in advance before the value goes up.

11. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm finding these to be pretty challenging to watch. I'm a casual fan of the show; I watched the first three seasons a year or two ago on Netflix and was decently amused, but I did not obsess over it. With the integrated flashbacks to long ago (plus the new "young" flashbacks), I feel like these episodes have been written primarily for amusement of the ├╝ber fans. I'm hoping it gets better.

12. cwoody222

cwoody222 Active Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm up to episode 8 and this is the weakest. Bu I think it'll be better on a second viewing after clues in later episodes.

13. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    +1

14. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Oh my gosh!! Buster and Lucille are always hilarious together. This killed me!! Every time he'd look like he was about to pass out, keep telling that random story, and then she took another drag. "Oh, Mother!" Hilarious!

That's it. I was having trouble with the George / Oscar bit... and that's why. Hopefully he'll get the hang back, or I'll figure out an easier way to tell who and what is happening...