1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Distinct IR Code Sets still available for multiple Tivo's?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Pete_L_P, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Pete_L_P

Pete_L_P New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Does anyone know if the new Roamio Tivo's still allow you use distinct IR code sets (with differing base addresses) for multiple Tivos? I've purchased a Roamio Pro.

Do you configure the base address in the same way as in the past?

This would allow me to continue controlling my multiple Tivos (and all of my other devices) with a single universal remote.

Pete

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes and no.

The Roamio remote is RF and paired.
    Other remotes, with the 1-2 switch can also control it with the set codes also. Its set the same way as the older Tivos.

3. Pete_L_P

Pete_L_P New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks for the Reply.

Just to be clear. You're talking about remotes with a 1-2 switch, which I don't have. But I do have old Tivo remotes, that have been able to be setup to use 9 different IR code sets, (each with a different IR base address, 1-9).

If I understand you correctly, you're implying that I can use THOSE remotes with my Roamio to tell Roamio which base address to use with their IR Code Set, just as before. Right?

Thanks again for your response.

Pete

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If it works with a Series 2, or later Tivos, it should work on Roamio.

5. Pete_L_P

Pete_L_P New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks very much

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Roamio will still respond, and can be programmed to, all 9 remote addresses via IR. With the new RF remotes you don't need to do that because each remote is uniquely paired to a specific TiVo. However if you want to use the Roamio remote to control multiple TiVos by manually changing the code back and forth you can still do that, you just have to put the remote into IR mode first. I believe you do that by holding down TiVo and D for a few seconds. You'll be able to tell it's in IR mode because the light will flash red when you push a button rather then orange.