1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyones else have these issues with roamio?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lukewind, Aug 29, 2013.

1. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    So far I really like the Roamio, but there are a few small issues bugging me.

Sometimes I use netflix and the app crashes/stops working and I lose connection to the Tivo service, it eventually reconnects but takes up to and hour sometimes to do so...unless I restart the tivo. This also happens randomly but seems to happen more when using Netflix.

My other issue is with my season passes. I set them up and its recording new and old episodes, I checked to make sure the SP settings were right and they are, I deleted all my info and restarted the tivo. Still did not solve the issue.

I have a Premiere and it has the same season passes and is running on the same cable provider and it does not do this. Any suggestion on why this is happeing?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There are a few other people talking about network issues like this when using a Mini with a new Roamio. I wonder if maybe some of them have defective NICs?

For the SPs how old are the episodes? If the original air date is within the last 30 days then it's still considered new. Your old TiVo wont record it because it has a history and will not record the same episode twice in a 28 day period. But your new TiVo doesn't have that history.

3. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Ahhh that is right....I forgot about the 30 day thing. thanks man!!!

4. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    how do you have your networking hooked up? wired or wireless? i am wired and no issues so far with netflix (getting 5.7 'superHD' streaming) and youtube works ok too.

5. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I am using wifi, I could run an Ethernet cable but my Tivo is in a place that makes it difficult to do so. I imagine the issue is because of the wifi. Just hope it's a simple software fix and not a hardware one.