1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watching Restaurant Startup?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Frylock, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    Anyone catch this on CNBC? If you enjoyed The Profit, you likely would enjoy this show...

The only thing I don't like about it is the woman, whose name I forget. I like how Joe and Tim can choose to make a deal together, make no offer, or make unique deals. It has good promise. The spoilers ruin the show though, as if you watch them you already know which team they pick the following week!

2. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm watching it. I really enjoy these business investment type shows like The Profit also on CNBC and Shark Tank on ABC as well as the international versions called Dragons Den.

3. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I can't believe the Sugar Knife couple turned down both Tim and Joe's investment offers tonight! Tim was offering them $300k for 60% for the S'mores bar featuring premium marshmallows candy shop concept, which they didn't even try to negotiate in a realistic way from their 1.5 MM valuation. And Joe wanted to offer them even more money take them wholesale nationally and internationally. You just can't help some people.

4. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Got it saved but haven't watched yet.

5. Feb 8, 2015 #5 of 10
    mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I continue to like this show. I've seen all of Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2.

Just finished "The Comeback Cook" - which of course had the standard obligatory scene of Tim or Joe saying or doing something that makes me think "wow, what a jackass."

6. Feb 8, 2015 #6 of 10
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I definitely enjoy this, though I have a terrible track record in guessing which of the two teams that they would give the chance to.

7. Feb 9, 2015 #7 of 10
    Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    The second season seems a bit better. Though I find their "surprise" coming to the space a bit silly, as the opening when they compete with the other team is in the same space.

8. Feb 9, 2015 #8 of 10
    Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    definitely like Antonia better.

I totally would have thought they would have offered Over Easy over the slider place though.

9. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I still enjoy this show. In Season 3, did they actually...

...end up investing in anybody? It seems like even when Joe or Tim's offer was accepted, the after-show follow-up message always said something to the effect of "after doing due diligence, [Joe/Tim] decided not to invest. [contestants] continue to look for other investors."

10. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I believe there was at least one, I'd have to look at a list of shows. And I know at least one was turned down by the entrprenuer instead of Tim/Joe

I liked the format better this season.