1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watch Frozen Planet on Discovery?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mtnagel, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm riveted, but my gf couldn't take the animal's killing each other. They get the most amazing shots. It's unbelievable.

Perhaps you've seen this on the internets some where. A bison knocks another down so that he's safe. Seems like it was unnecessary, but he ensured his survival for a little bit longer.

2. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I've watched them all so far and recall that wolf pack video on the internet months ago. My favorites so far are either the killer whales hunting in packs causing waves to wash over their victim or the time lapse of the water freezing the starfish. :)

3. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I happened to catch the behind-the-scenes episode about the making of the series. That's got me wanting to watch the rest.

4. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Cool. Hopefully me series link will pick it up.

5. paracelsus

paracelsus Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    They're rerunning the full series this weekend for Earth Day. It's been fascinating :up:.

6. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    It looked to me completely accidental - the bison was in the panic, and ran with the head lowered without looking.

Amazing series ... the orcas hunting by causing tidal waves was quiet something to see. The seal chasing the penguin on land was hilariousness too.

7. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    We've been completely glued to it. The brutality and beauty is memorizing.

8. nirisahn

nirisahn Active Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I haven't watched the behind the scenes episode yet. I saw the disclaimer that some scenes are shot under controlled conditions for the protection of the animals. They did such an amazing job with it that you can't tell those from the ones shot in the wild. The whole show is fascinating.

9. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    That Bison video reminds me of the adage about a bear attack. You don't have to outrun the bear, just the guy next to you. :D

10. agentpaul

agentpaul New Member

Feb 28, 2002
    SoCal
    The Penguins coming out of the water was a sight to see. It was also absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard when it was shown in slow motion.

11. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    That can also now be said about a Zombie attack. ;)