1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using 6 tuner Roamio w/TWC SW Ohio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bengalfreak, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Apr 6, 2014 #1 of 13
    bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm trying to decide between the base Roamio and the plus model. Is anyone successfully using a 6 tuner Roamio with Time Warner Cable of SW Ohio? I don't really have the extra $200 but the plus model has stream built in, plus a bigger HD, and the extra tuners. I will beg, borrow and steel if I have to but I want to make sure I can actually use a six tuner model.

thanks.

2. Apr 6, 2014 #2 of 13
    sjsaliba

sjsaliba New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Works great for me!

3. bengalfreak

Oct 20, 2002
    Wow, one response? That's it?

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    I thought I remembered a recent thread on this so spent a little time with search and here it is:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=515395
    Oh ... I see it's a thread you started just a month ago.

I've seen similar underwhelming responses from SW Ohio users and must conclude:
    1. SW Oh isn't exactly a hotbed of Tivo users
    (or)
    2. They are all so satisfied that they don't access this forum often.

From my experience I would find #2 amazing ... but who knows?

I don't have a Roamio but I'm still having SDV tuning failures on my TiVo HD even with the latest CC and TA software updates that were pushed in February.

5. SASouth

SASouth Member

Jun 5, 2004
    It works fine here in Greene County. Including all 6 tuners.

6. truman861

truman861 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Tampa FL
    I use it on TWC on tampa FL, and my opinion is as follows, bigger hard drive, built in stream, built in moca and the two extra tuners - very well worth the 200.00 extra

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The question being asked was whether or not all 6 tuners are useable in his location.

8. truman861

truman861 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Tampa FL
    My sincerest of appologies,

If the 4 tuners work then the 6 tuners should also work just fine, just make sure you have a multicard (dont know anyone that has single's these days)
    only thing is with TWC you may need a Tuning Adapter to get some of the channels as they are switched digital video or SDV for short. Also you cant access any video on demand VOD. That's more a cable card issue verses TWC issue but the benefits still outweigh the cons.

Hopefuly this answer verses my previous answer is helpful to you. Seemed like it was more a question of "does it work" which wasnt really specified.

9. bobrt6676

bobrt6676 Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Huber...
    My Roamio Pro has been working so well I have not been on the forums in a while. No problems here in the north of Dayton area. All 6 tuners work fine. Who-Dey!!

10. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That is not necessarily the case. There is a problem with some CableCARDs with older firmware that do not support more than 4 streams.

11. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    You definitely need a TA in TWC SW Ohio and they pushed the latest TA and CC software versions out earlier this year.

12. Rob RUNKLE

Rob RUNKLE New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm using the base model roamio on TWC, 4 ch, no problem. Needs cable card and tuning adapter.

As for hard drive space, upgraded to 3tb in the first two weeks of buying the roamio, and it was a piece of cake.

Rob

13. bengalfreak

Oct 20, 2002
    Thanks guys. That gives me a reasonable expectation that the two extra tuners should work. I would say its worth the extra cash. Thanks again.