1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone not able to get the 399 MSD?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by justinw, Aug 20, 2013.

1. justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I tried calling TiVo because when I added the Roamio Pro to the cart with lifetime service it was coming up at 499. The TiVo rep said that both the TiVo boxes currently on my account have used the MSD in the past to get the lifetime service so I would be unable to use the MSD on a new Roamio. Anyone ever heard of this before? I hung up and said I needed to think about it...

2. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Have you checked to see if you are logged into your TiVo account when the item is being added to the cart? The discount showed up for me immediately after doing so.

3. justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    The discount showed up when I logged in, but as soon as I hit add to cart the summary came up with it being $100 more.

4. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I keep an old Series 2 Humax that I paid full lifetime on in 2005 ($299 at that time) and run it up before activating any new TiVo so I will get MSD pricing, if I sold that Series 2 the rest of my TiVos would not be qualify for MSD as you must have one TiVo that you paid full Lifetime on in your account.

5. justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Oh..... Didn't even know about that. Now I'm rethinking my Roamio purchase.

6. trip1eX

trip1eX Active Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Well no MSD here, but I was expecting a code for $100 off as existed with the Premiere. Price basically is $500 now to me since I was expecting $400 lifetime.

7. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Pro tip: If you're getting the base model, resell the free Stream from your promo code to help offset the unit or subscription cost. I would imagine that a new in-box unit could fetch at least $85 online

8. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You have to login again. Being logged into the site doesn't matter. Once you are at your cart, there is another login on the bottom right side. I have no clue why it does that.

9. mchief

mchief Morey

Sep 10, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    If I could log in at all. All I see is a greyed signin box

10. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    If your info autofills that is why. I use lastpass and the site seems to no longer work since it doesn't recognize anything has been entered. Just manually type your email address.

Margret in another thread said if you don't see MSD and you think you should to email her. Mine wasn't showing last night, but is now.

Of course I am still hoping for an upgrade offer in the meantime. I have to wait for Best Buy to get stock since I have giftcards and missed the Amazon stock.

11. jasbur

jasbur New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    I purchased from Amazon, and when trying to activate today it said $499.
    Rather than call to argue, I googled for a $100 promo code and that seemed to work.

12. jcole66

jcole66 New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    District of...
    jasbur:

What promo code did you find/use? I've not been able to find any current ones....

13. jasbur

jasbur New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    PLSR worked for me

14. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I activated my Amazon purchased unit last night and had no trouble getting the $399 sucked out of my credit card in record speed. (423 actually)

15. bdspilot

bdspilot New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    I was unable to get MSD even though it is offered to me when I added the tivo to my cart. It then charged me full price when I went to check out. I called Tivo and they said I am not eligible since I got a discount on both my tivo Premiers. Seems pretty shaddy to me though. Kind of a bate and switch. You could easily miss them adding the $100 dollars back at check out. Makes me pause about making the purchase.:mad:

16. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Amazon just updated my order for the $399 Plus unit. They had been saying 1-3 weeks delivery time, now they say it will be in-hand on the 28th.

17. trip1eX

trip1eX Active Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Any non-Tivo owner get a $100 discount off lifetime? PLSR didn't work for me.

IF I buy a Mini first and put lifetime on it will that give me a $100 MSD discount? :)

18. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    Don't think so. Reason being is that I have two Tivo HDs in my account (1 with lifetime, the other with a $6.95 MSD) and I only get the $100 off lifetime on a full-size tivo box. I don't even get a MSD discount on a lifetime of mini service.

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There is only one price for lifetime service on the Mini.

20. justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I was wondering the same thing about the mini. If I buy a Mini, lifetime it, then see if I can get the MSD on a Pro. Hmmmm