1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone **know** Why do some Tivos record wishlists from AD channels and some record f

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by jethrouk, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Mar 5, 2012 #1 of 15
    jethrouk

jethrouk New Member

May 7, 2011
    Old Chestnut

Primary channels 1-5 have AD (Audio Description) version as well as the High Def version

Anyone solved the old chestnut???

When wishlists have a choice why doi some Tivos record from AD channels and some Tivos record wishlists from HD channels

I'm wondering whether it's 1TB (old software) vs 1/2 TB (new software)

PS Anyone know why threads are deleted on this forum???

2. Mar 5, 2012 #2 of 15
    OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Like what?

I've just looked through the logs and since September 2011 only 5 threads have been deleted and they were all started as Spam!

3. Mar 5, 2012 #3 of 15
    jethrouk

jethrouk New Member

May 7, 2011
    Like I've seen/read and posted to more than the only 2 threads currently on this board?

I know there has been at least 5 legitimate threads posted on this forum - but everytime I visit there's only about 2-3 new threads

EDIT: Found it - a setting I've never seen before - never used it before - defaults to showing couple threads only

4. Mar 5, 2012 #4 of 15
    mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Up North
    The only threads deleted here were those discussing opening up the VM TiVo, and upgrading its hard drive.
    AIUI wishlists will get a slot wherever they can find it - whether is uses regular / AD / HD channel depends on how busy the scheduler is with other recording SPs/wishlists.

I wish be could filter out channels wihslists operate over, particularly kids channels - but we can't currently do that.

Also, 1TB and 500GB Tivos run the exact same software...

5. Mar 5, 2012 #5 of 15
    OzSat

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    The default is by date - so a week, month, year, etc.

6. jethrouk

jethrouk New Member

May 7, 2011
    nope - whether it records from AD channel or HD channel still takes one tuner and same time

My Tivo (most Tivos from what I can gather) default to recording wishlists on main channels 1-5 from AD channels

Where as other Tivos default to recording from HD channel

Looks like nobody has a clue why this might be

7. OzSat

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    A little playing didn't take too long to see the pattern imerge.

8. jethrouk

jethrouk New Member

May 7, 2011

Not sure what that means

Only know that *nobody* knows the answer to this riddle

9. OzSat

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    There is a pattern - it may not be what you would expect - but after some playing to see there is a rule.

10. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Just out of interest, for those of us who don't really care (ie don't use the auto-record feature much), what is this "rule"? :)

11. jethrouk

jethrouk New Member

May 7, 2011
    I actually posted this question because I wanted to know the answer - but since you prefer to keep it to yourself I'll unsubscribe from this thread so I'm not wasting anymore time looking at replies

12. kmusgrave

kmusgrave New Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Isleworth, UK
    You don't auto record wishlists? Whyever not? Its the most useful feature of Tivo IMO.

13. kmusgrave

kmusgrave New Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Isleworth, UK
    Any chance you could let the rest of us in on the secret? :)

14. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Up North
    Indeed, but its partially scuppered by the VM TiVo not allowing you to remove unwanted channels (e.g. a general keyword will pick programmes from kids channels)

15. kmusgrave

kmusgrave New Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Isleworth, UK
    True. That is annoying. It would be good if you could specify if you want Tv/radio or both as well.