1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone having pagnation issues with pyTivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Dan203, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I just discovered a weird problem. My Roamio Pro is having issues returning the correct data if the AnchorOffset parm is set. It's not specifically pyTivo's fault, as I get the same bad data when querying the TiVo directly. My Wife's Roamio has a similar issue, but not quite as severe. Both of us are running TiVo software 20.7.1.RC2.

Is this a known issue with the new software? Or something that's always happened and I just never noticed before?

2. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Also I found that if I set the Recurse flag I do NOT have an issue. Only when it's set to return the data with folders do I have an issue.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
  4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I can't seem to work around it. There is no combination of flags I can use to return all recordings in my list.

I actually get to a point where increasing the AnchorOffset actually starts removing items from the bottom of the list while leaving the items at the top the same.

It's seriously FUed.

I guess I'm going to have to use the Recurse flag and try to group recordings myself. (I'm working on a new UI for pyTivo)

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    That's what I do in kmttg - I don't rely on grouping from TiVo since it's screwed up. Using RPC doesn't have the same issue - it's an XML issue largely because TiVo is ignoring HMO for several years.

6. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Does RPC return a link you can use to download a show from? Maybe I should modify pyTivo to include an RPC plugin that can get the data that way instead.

Is there a debug mode in kmttg that shows the raw JSON data returned by RPC?

For now I'm just downloading the recurse data without the folders. But it's going to result in a lot more work for me if I want to add folder support.