1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get TiVo's survey for Mini owners?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by UCLABB, Apr 25, 2013.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I gave it very high marks, but complained about a little sluggishness executing commands, e.g., changing channels.

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    YES I did, and I would assume most Mini owners did.
    The 90 min. timeout was my only compliant as I can't use the Mini in the bedroom as my wife wants the TV on all night (on a channel and not get up after 90 min to start the Mini again) Just make it user selectable we would all be happy and that option can't be that hard to do.

3. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    No survey for me, despite owning 2 Minis. :(

4. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    yes.. make sure you don't register for that drawing so I can win.

5. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    I got it. My main complaint was the lack of Netflix and the 90-minute timeout. I personally like that it shuts off network traffic when it's not in use, but my wife likes to have the TV on without really watching it.

Also took the opportunity to complain about MLB.TV not being added by Opening Day.

6. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I only have one so they know your in their camp, TiVo is just trying find out why I don't own two Minis.

7. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    Possible, although it's probably just as likely that it's random.

8. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I filled it out yesterday. Gave low marks for subscription cost, lack of amazon prime and other apps that you can get on $99 boxes like the Roku3. Overall, I gave it pretty high marks for working as advertised though.

9. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    I also received the survey.

I gave it mediocre marks for subscription COST, as I felt $149.00 was a little steep for what it is, and also wrote that in the comments. (I felt $99.00 would have been appropriate.)

When asked what I DISLIKED MOST, I wrote about how I do not like the idea of permanently locking down a tuner on my 4-tuner DVR for use with the Mini, and therefore do not use it for Live TV.

I also mentioned that I thought that the remote control felt a little "flimsy".

When asked what I LIKE MOST, I wrote about ease of setup and use.

Overall, I am mostly pleased with it, and my scoring reflected that. I rated it very high in almost every category.

10. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I wish I got the survey, I'd like to let them know that it's pretty annoying that periodically I have to reset the HDMI connection between the Mini and one of my TVs for it to work.

11. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    The oddest question on the survey was right at the beginning when they asked how long I had the Mini, longest choice being something like 30 or so days, and then followed that up by asking me if was working yet.

12. Gadfly

Gadfly New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Don't forget the network error issue. I am very disappointed (and I got 2), but I would buy them again nevertheless because I don't have any other option.

13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I see the network error issue anytime I start watching a show that is currently recording. It shows up during the last few minutes of the show but only for those that are still recording when I start watching.
    I've never run into an HDMI connection issue with my Minis. The HDMI connection has been rock solid for both of my Minis.

14. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I get the HDMI problem message flash for a nano second every once in a while. It happens so quick and is gone so that it is not a problem.

15. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    If I had got the survey my issues would be:

1) no support for 2 tuner premieres
    2) no amazon, Vudu, or Netflix
    3) price should be more comparable to similar devices. $149 would have made more sense to me.

But I can see where I would want the shut of timer to be configurable as someone else mentioned.

16. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    I covered those bases. ;)