1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody watching Inside Man with Morgan Spurlock on CNN?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pmyers, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Jul 3, 2013 #1 of 19
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I've always really liked Morgan Spurlock and came across a new show of his on CNN. So far he has discussed Marijuana and Gun control. Of course he is somewhat biased but I find he does a pretty good job of covering all sides of a story.

I recommend checking it out:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/us/morgan-spurlock-inside-man/index.html

2. Jul 3, 2013 #2 of 19
    sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have two episodes recorded but I find it irritating that CNN does not have an episode list or much info on it

3. Jul 3, 2013 #3 of 19
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm also a fan of Morgan Spurlock. So far, I've watched the first ep (about weed) and it was pretty good. I will continue to watch.

CNN seems to be one of the worst about guide info, in my experience.

4. Jul 3, 2013 #4 of 19
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    My season pass seems to pick it up just fine with episode descriptions and everything.

5. Jul 3, 2013 #5 of 19
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I keep forgetting this is on so I missed the first two. I'm hoping that they will wind up, On Demand on DirecTV at some point.

6. Jul 4, 2013 #6 of 19
    Spire

Spire WAS PHONE

Jun 6, 2001
    Everywhere...
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm more of an Inside Amy Schumer man myself.

7. Jul 4, 2013 #7 of 19
    waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
  8. Jul 4, 2013 #8 of 19
    Marc

Marc Active Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    I enjoy his documentary shows and am watching this one as well.

9. Jul 4, 2013 #9 of 19
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm not a fan of his work but I do like the premise of this program.

10. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I have an SP and watched the Weed episode. I've no interest in guns so I didn't watch that one.

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched the weed one as well. I found it interesting and a bit strange.

So, if Spurlock is working at the dispensary, does that mean you don't need to be licensed by the state of California to sell weed "legally"?

I also never thought of the angle that weed is kept illegal because of lobbying from big Pharma, the privatized prisons and the tobacco and alcohol companies.

12. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I found it interesting that they made deliveries. I think that would be a pretty risky occupation for being held up.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Really!! Never thought of that!

Son, "Daddy, what do you do for a living?"

Dad, "I deliver pot"

14. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm not sure about the answer to that. My hunch is that you don't have to be licensed just to work there....although I could see some validity to that. Background checks for employees might be a good idea.

15. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like Spurlock.. Though the Guns episode seemed a lot like Michael Moore's guns movie.

...and I still have complaints about "30 days", which was more entertaining. In the minimum wage episode, he's all complaining about how hard it is to make it on minimum wage (I don't disagree with that part), but he still buys bottled water (waste of money even if you're Bill Gates), and you see his girlfriend (I believe that's who he's married to now) basically throwing away tons of broccoli by cutting off just the ends.. Yeah, the 'good part', but if you're really poor, you'd use the stalks in something else.

16. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah...my only gripe with the gun episode was his bewilderment of why the legislation didn't pass. Yes, most people agree on expanded background checks but the legislation also included many things that a lot of people don't agree with such as banning of weapons and limits on other things. The reason it didn't pass is because they over reached, IMHO.

17. Marc

Marc Active Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    I saw that the next couple of episodes are Immigration and Education.

Didn't Spurlock do something immigration-related in "30 Days"?

(Yup, just checked... it was the first episode of the second season.)

18. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I will have to look up the law but the pot clinics are licensed and the laws governing their locations are up to the municipalities. The clinic in my town is on a major street within shouting distance of the police station. The owner won election to the city council. Yes, I do live in the North Bay. :)

19. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Just saw the episode on Minimum wage. It dealt with the debate if minimum wage should or does equal a livable wage.