1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody get one yet?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Surrealone, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    I'm just looking to see if any of the forum members got one and have you tested with pytivo yet?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    One member said his was delivered, but I think he's at work so we'll have to wait for him to get home and set it up.

3. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Mine was just delivered. Got cable card and will be home in 15 min to install

4. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    Monkey are you running pytivo?

5. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    No, I use stream baby stream though

6. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Just connecting to the https:/ipaddr in a web browser should reveal if the most important bit works: Links to ps and ts files to download recordings.

7. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Going through guided setup now. It is trying to update the firmware on my CC. It is doing a few percent and then showing a Tivo error screen then a few percent more, error screen.

8. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Downloading a second update now and I still have to call and get my CC paired after

9. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    i see the ip in my cisco router info but can't connect via browser.

10. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It's actually...

https://<TiVo IP>/nowplaying/index.html

And when prompted for user name and password user is tivo and password is your MAK.

11. aasun

aasun New Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got my Roamio and Roamio Plus delivered and installed. After having the Premiere and the Premiere 4 for over 3 years, these things are a dream! The interface is so responsive, it feels like it reacts before I push the remote button. Definitely a worthy upgrade. And, I was using the bluetooth remote for one of the premieres since I didn't have line-of-sight. The new RF connection is rock solid and instantaneous (bluetooth was slow and spotty... frequently requiring multiple presses to activate). Just for the responsiveness, alone, these are excellent.

That being said.. Both of my tivos have an a/v receiver used on the TVs. And, the input to the TV is controlled by the receiver.. Currently, the included Roamio remote can not control the input selection on the receivers. I'm still checking that one out. The new remotes are not learning remotes... So, right now, I've got the receiver remote next to the TiVo remote on my tables... :-/

Everything else (so far) is a win. Now to transfer my shows from the old Tivo premieres to the new Roamios.

12. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I get a page at ip/index.html but not ip/nowplaying/index.html

13. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are you sure you're putting https?

14. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    If you go to settings/remote you can set up the remote to access inputs on the TV and control volume on the receiver. The system explains the steps to take. I set mine up earlier today.

15. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    And for some receivers you can use the receiver code on the power/input buttons and it works. However your receiver needs a simple input cycle feature for that to work. If your receiver only has individual buttons for each input then it probably wont.

16. Goldwing2001

Goldwing2001 Goldwing2001

Sep 30, 2006
    Honolulu,...
    I just ordered the Roamio Pro yesterday. I very excited to start using it!

17. aasun

aasun New Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi there,

Yes. I realize that (I've been using TiVo's consistently since 2000). What I mean is coming from the tivo glow and the bluetooth remotes (both of which were learning remotes), the the roamio remote seems a little less intelligent.

I have programmed it for tv power and a/v volume/mute. But, it's not able to be programmed for receiver input or receiver power. Previous TiVo remotes would allow you to program a second device on the power button so you can control power for both TV and another device (like a receiver), I can't seem to make that work.. And none of the help docs or guides even mention this capability...

18. aasun

aasun New Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes. Been doing that successfully for years with other TiVo remotes. The new Roamio remotes don't seem to have that capability.... unless I'm missing something. I can only get it to do TV power and A/V volume and mute.

19. aasun

aasun New Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ok. Did figure out the a/v power. It's the same as the old remotes. First program tv power (using a 0xxx) TV code. Them go through the same process with the power button only using a (1xxx) receiver code. Couldn't find it in any documentation or support. Found an old discussion post from 2010 discussing it. Tried it and it worked. Unfortunately, the same won't work for input. The remote doesn't seem to accept (1xxx) receiver codes for the input button.

Previously I used the learning feature of the remote (glow and Bluetooth) to control receiver input switching.