1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to show live TV when out of standby?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Bytez, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Bytez

Bytez Member

Sep 11, 2004
    NYC
    Every time I "turn on" the Tivo, it defaults to the menu and then I have to press the "live tv" button. Is there a way to make it show live tv instead by default?

2. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Don't use standby? I've never gotten the benefit of standby. It really only turns off the display output.

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I believe that's part of the dynamic tuning on the host TiVo to allow it to release the tuner taken up by the mini, if it kept the live tv active all the time, that tuner on the host would always be unavailable. After a certain time of inactivity from the remote, the live tv connection is closed and the tuner is released.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Just press the "Live TV" button in the first place. It suffices to pull the TiVo out of Standby.

But, I'm not sure what you mean by "turn on". Pressing the "TiVo" button? That's one way out of Standby; Live TV is another. (I'm not sure there are any others.)

5. Bytez

Bytez Member

Sep 11, 2004
    NYC
    Yes, I meant press the Tivo button. Cool, thanks I haven't thought of that. :up: