1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to put things in a new folder in "my shows"?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by samsgood, Dec 17, 2012.

1. samsgood

samsgood New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    not sure the right place to ask this and sorry if it is a dumb question but is there a way you could create a new folder and place recordings in that folder to make browsing through your shows list easier?

2. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I want to do the same thing and searched the forums about it. Its not an easy thing to do and decided to just live the way things are.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Nope. You can sort the to do list in different ways, or use the HD folders as a substitute.

Only real option would be a PITA by transferring content and manipulating meta data.

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    It's not that difficult, either, if one pushes the content, rather than pulling it.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    When you say "my shows", exactly where is that located?

On the TiVo? On the computer?

Are you trying to create a folder inside a folder, like one for NBC shows, and another for CBS shows, et cetera?

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Really?

[​IMG]

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    So what is that, the S4 version of the Now Playing list?

8. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Yeah, I'm sure. I would not have known, either, if I did not have a Premiere. I doubt many people without Premieres would.

BTW, "Really?" was exactly my ressponse when I took my first look at the Premiere. It is still annoying.

9. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Yes. Just one of the annoying, assinine changes TiVo decided to make when they created the Premiere line-up. It rates dead zero on the impressive meter, but it is not serious enough - quite - for me to consider it a significant flaw.

10. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    Yeah, I cannot believe how some of these things make it through the QC process. NPL was much better and more descriptive of what was going on.

11. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Yeah. It also did not make the implied and often unwarranted assumption that only one person uses the TiVo. "Our Shows" would be less egocentric, but still silly. There just was no reason at all to change from NPL, or for that matter from the original "Now Showing".

12. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I think "now playing list" makes little sense, because those titles are not playing now, they are available to play now. A real now playing list would have one thing in it: the show you are now playing.

13. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    "Now" does not necessarily mean "this moment". It can also mean "contemporarily". The expression in use for many years - and still in use - was "Now playing in theaters". The term makes perfect sense.

14. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Maybe to you it does. But that means nothing.

Isn't there some Series 4 haters forum you can join?

15. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. It just makes you look foolish. You know very well if you were to meet an old friend for lunch on a Saturday afternoon and he asked you, "Where are you working, now?", you would understand him to mean, "Where are you presently employed?"

I don't hate the S4 platform, I just recognize it is unacceptably flawed in several respects, especially compared to the S3, and and that it simply cannot meet the needs of many users in the way the S3 can. Every few days on this very forum someone posts a lament they cannot transfer shows from their TiVo to an external device because their CATV provider copy protects the content. If that user has purchased a Premiere, we are forced to inform them they are completely hosed.

As to the snide remark concerning my participating in this forum, have you bothered to read the name of this forum? It is "TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo ". Presumably the people here are interested in Home Media features on the TiVo and in TTG. It is the Home Media features and in particular TTG that are most badly broken on the Premiere. Perhaps it is you who are in the wrong forum? If you are not interested in HMO, HME, and TTG, then why are you here?

16. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    They should have avoided the Microsoft style cutesiness and just called it Recordings from the beginning.

And I wonder how many people were put off by the Philco Predicta styling of the TiVo guy and the '50s Cyclops look of the original S1?

What if you could have gotten a TiVo that matched in styling your AV receiver, manufactured by the same company as your AV receiver?

Assuming you liked your AV receiver, of course.

Apologies to the OP for this thread going so very far off track.

17. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I think the "My Shows" wording is a relic of the planned but unimplemented multiple-user system that was shown in mock-ups. If it was complete, you'd see "Alice's Shows", "Bob's Shows", etc.

18. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    You know, I've had my SVR-2000s for 12 years and never noticed the Cyclops resemblance. LMAO.

19. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    The better looking Sony isn't what I meant by original S1, even though it looks the same as the Philips on the inside.

And I'm not sure if the UK Thomsons had the same front panel as the Philips either.