1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to have "Record from VCR" recordings grouped?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by warrenn, May 12, 2013.

1. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I have a Humax Tivo that allows recordings from VCR. I use that feature to copy in videos of my kid's sports events. This means I have lots of recordings in the Now Playing like this:

Swim meet 1/21
    Swim meet 1/28
    Swim meet 2/15

Does anyone know of a way to group those in the listing? I want it to instead be:

Swim meet
    ---1/21
    ---1/28
    ---2/15

Like it would for a TV show with multiple episodes.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Isn't that basically the same thing?

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    He wants them to group in the ToDo list versus individual listings. Not sure if you can do that using a fake Series ID or not.

Scott

4. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I think the OP wants a "Swim Meet" folder in the now playing list that contains all the individual "Swim Meet" recordings. I don't think it's possible to do that.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Actually, it should be possible if you create the correct metadata files and use pyTivo push.

6. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I was hoping to easily be able to group them in Now Playing in the same way as normal TV shows. The way there is one group entry in Now Playing and all the episodes will be shown in that group. It sounds like there's not a way to do that.

I tried by creating a wishlist for "Swim Meet*", but that didn't work. Probably no way other than external programs.

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    There is absolutely no way to group them if they are already on the TiVo. You'd have to transfer them to a PC, create the metadata, and transfer them back.