1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to get 4 tuners to work on time warner

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rijowysock, Feb 23, 2014.

1. rijowysock

rijowysock New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    they tell me (time warner) that they only have capability for 2 tuners.. is it possible to rig something up to get all 4 tuners to record/work?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Do you actually have a TiVo hooked up and can only get two tuners? Or, are you being told by customer service that TWC can only do 2 tuners at once. Over the last several months, it seems like most TWC regions have updated to the latest firmware for both CableCard and Tuning Adapter.

Bottom line, don't listen to customer support. There are probably thousands of TiVo Roamio's on TWC systems doing 4 and 6 tuners right now.

3. sjsaliba

sjsaliba New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I have TWC Central Ohio and Tivos with 4 & 6 tuners use M-cards you can request from TWC.

4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Whoever told you that is wrong unless they were just saying that their own DVR's only have 2 tuners. I have a Roamio Plus with a CableCard and Tuning Adapter on TWC right now and all 6 tuners work.

5. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Ditto.

6. AAinCal

AAinCal New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ditto seconded. TWC in Los Angeles; all 6 tuners work.

7. rijowysock

rijowysock New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    ill check what i have, only 2 of mine work right now.. and the tivo says "your system can only support 2... is this ok?"

i'll call back, do i need a new tuning adapter and cable card or just a new card?

8. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    The tuning adapter should have very little impact on the number of tuners your TiVo can utilize simultaneously. It's almost certainly a CableCard issue.

Is your TiVo the 4-tuner Roamio model? Is your CableCard a Motorola or a Cisco? What firmware version is your card running?

9. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Certainly a new cable card (they've been legally required to issue at least 4 tuner cablecards for quite some time), but there are old tuning adapters out there also that might need to be updated.