1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to easily capture settings?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by JandS, Jul 16, 2012.

1. JandS

JandS Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Current Premiere XL owner, now adding XL4.

Is there any way to extract the Tivo's settings (not Season Passes), e.g. setup information, audio, signal strength, etc? For example, our Denon AVR has a way to extract an XML file with all the settings.

If not, does anybody have a spreadsheet or text list of all entries that they would share?

The gut says that having such a record will make getting the second Tivo setup completed and system tested go as quickly/painlessly as possible.

Contemplating taking photos of screens as a last resort.

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Uhh, no, certainly not to copy it to a new Tivo..

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I've done that with both SPs and Wishlists. I have 100+ SP and maybe 50-70 WL. I could never recreate them from scratch, so once or twice a year I do a photo spread.

PITA, since TiVo refuses to come up with any sort of backup procedure.:mad:

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    That's what I did when I recently replaced my two S2 Tivos with Premieres. I took pictures of my SP lists, my upcoming 'to do' lists and numerous things so I - A) Didn't have to write it all down; and B) didn't lose anything in the process. It was extremely helpful for me.

Fortunately, I was able to transfer the SP lists online (which I had no idea I could do, going in) to each box but I really wanted to make sure that I also picked up those 'to do' lists for stuff that was manually set up for whatever reason. Plus, it took a couple of days for Tivo to get things loaded and for my tivo.com account to even be properly functional. In that interim, had I not known what recordings should have been scheduled for that time frame I would have missed a lot of stuff.

5. JandS

JandS Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Thx to you both. Photo captures done (gadget-hound bonus was first good workout for the cool little Nikon wireless camera remote control doodad, yeah!)

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Not for everyone, but I use an Excel spreadsheet to track all my SPs and related settings. See my signature for a link.

7. logicman

logicman New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Another option for capturing the list of Season Passes you have created is to go to the Season Pass Manager on TiVo.com and then use your browser's save web page feature.