1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any use for old Series 2 Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Majik45, May 6, 2014.

1. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    I've got an old Series 2 tivo that has been sitting inactive for probably 4-5 years now. It doesn't have lifetime on it. Is it worth anything and does anyone even use these anymore besides for parts?
  2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    In general no, as a non activated Series 2 is not worth the shipping cost, someone may be interested in the power supply but to remove it and try to sell it on E-Bay may not be worth it for you.
  3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Doorstop? Tax write-off?
  4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Find someone who's grandparents still use a non-HD tv but are looking for a way to record shows. It could be of use to them. For the record I still have 2 S2's running but my THD is my primary unit. Overflow or borderline shows go to the S2's.
  5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    They'd need to pay for the service though, unless it's one of the older DVD units with TiVo Basic.
  6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    What's the model number?

If it's a TiVo brand TiVo, it'll start with TCD
  7. timr_42

timr_42 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    I did that to get a power supply for one of my lifetime S2's. got it off ebay pretty cheap.

Got it and turned it on just to make sure it worked, and found out that the box had lifetime on it.

I pulled the power supply and kept the rest of the box just in case sometime I may want to use it.
  8. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    It's TCD649080.