1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any updates on the ip box and the transcoder boxes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Rebate_King, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Rebate_King

Rebate_King New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Can't wait to get my hands on them. Especially the transcoder box so I can send shows to my ipad.

I thought TiVo originally said summer, and then they moved it to late summer/early fall? Am I correct on that?

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Nothing new since the Cable Show about a month or so ago. I'm excited about the IP box myself.

They're supposed to be available to cable partners in the summer, "early fall" for retail.

3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
  4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    The Preview is a different box. It's a full-blown STB with a tuner, cable card slot, etc.

The unnamed IP box has no tuners, cc slot, etc. It just streams. It hasn't been released yet. I *think* RCN committed to these boxes as well, once available.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I'm anxiously awaiting the transcoder box. I use my iPad to watch TV in bed since my wife wont let me put a TV in the bed room. I had a Slingbox and paid for the overpriced app, but the Slingbox broke. Rather then give them any more of my money I'm holding out for the TiVo transcoder box so I can just watch my TiVos directly. In the mean time I'm watching podcasts instead.

Dan