1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any retention Premier deals now the new boxes are out?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jlin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. jlin

jlin New Member

Nov 20, 1999
    Santa Monica
    I have 2 Premier boxes gathering dusts in the closet. Is there any good deals to re-activate them either monthly or lifetime service?

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Lol. Good luck. My suggestion would be to wait till Christmas time and you should
    Be able to find the boxes for $100 cheaper.

3. GriffithStrife

GriffithStrife Member

Oct 30, 2010
    After doing a little research I think I will be lucky to get 400 for my lifetime Elite do you really want to invest more in your premieres right now.

4. jlin

jlin New Member

Nov 20, 1999
    Santa Monica
    I already have 2 Premier boxes.. they just need service.

I wonder if they'd offer the $99 special on the 3rd generation HD boxes now that the new boxes are out.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    No word as of yet. Maybe you can call TiVo and be the first to find out. :p

6. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I got the $99 lifetime deal on a HD after purchasing a Roamio+free Stream+lifetime . I requested it and she told me she "fought to get it and it was a one-time only thing. "(Same line as when I got it on my HDLX after buying a Premiere+lifetime 2 years ago.)

7. jhilla

jhilla Guest

May 13, 2011
    That's similar to what they told my wife when we tried to close our account when your Series 2 DT went dead on us. We said we had no extra money and would reluctantly go back to a cable DVR to be included in our bill. They said um no, how about we give you a Series 4 XL.. We said no we can't commit, it's still too expensive.. Fine will throw in a Wireless G Tivo Adapter, she said ok. So we just had to agree to stay put for 2yr at $19.95 A MONTH. a bit step, but aside from the glitches it's been decent. We barely watch as it is and at this very moment I am only holding at 50% full. Unless things change for us after this coming year we will be ending our run that is unless I can convince them to give me a Lifetime for $99 or lower. Otherwise what's the point.

Although one question for everyone jumping on the Romario wagon, the built in streamer will that playback everything you record even if protected? or same rules as before..

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You were paying $19.95 per month (and not $12.95) for a Series 2?

Too bad you didn't get them to include $99 lifetime for that S2 in the deal.

Even though dead, the crypto chip, and therefore the lifetime sub that's attached to the TiVo Service Number on the chip, could be moved to another S2 DT motherboard.