1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any reports of Audio/Video slightly out of sync?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by cmshep222, Sep 6, 2012.

1. cmshep222

cmshep222 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    My Tivo Desktop software works great...yet the big flaw is that the Audio/Video is often out of sync once converted to iphone or ipad format.

Does the "stream" have this issue as well?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I didn't notice any sync issues in my tests, and I'm pretty sensative to sync.

Dan

3. ronaldheft

ronaldheft New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Sync seems to be fine. My only complaint is the audio is a little quiet and could use a bit of a volume boost.

4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There is a volume adjustment in the lower right corner during playback. Does that adjust the iPad volume or the playback volume?

Dan

5. ronaldheft

ronaldheft New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    The playback volume and iPad volume are linked, and yes, I've used the volume adjustment. I have a feeling the soft sound is just a result of converting Dolby Digital / surround audio into stereo. I've seen that happen before on videos I've converted myself on my computer.

6. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yes if you don't use good compression for 5.1>2.0 conversion the audio can sound soft.

Perhaps a set of powered speakers with amplifier would help? I think there are little docks you can buy that have this type of thing.

Dan

7. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have the audio on my iPad (3rd gen) set to max. I wish it was a bit louder. I'm guessing there might be a way for the Stream to increase the audio gain similar to the setting in TiVo Desktop. Of course there is probably some risk in adjusting the gain so it would be great if this was an adjustable setting if a user wants the Stream transcodes to be a bit louder.

[​IMG]

8. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    As of right now there aren't any settings for the Stream. But I wouldn't rule it out for a future release. I'm sure there is some way to increase the compression/gain when doing the recoding.

Dan