1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Hulu + Users?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by sbiller, Mar 14, 2013.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    How's the Hulu+ experience on the Mini?

I have a subscription primarily because my daughter uses it while away at college. I assume its a lot more "Roku-like" on the Mini versus the Premiere. I'm a fan of how Hulu+ is integrated into the unified search, browse TV & Movies, etc. I have found a show or to I've decided to watch because I have Hulu+ (e.g., The Following).

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Much faster than from the Premieres since Hulu Plus is running on the Mini.

Although it takes around 25 seconds for the Mini to boot into Hulu+ while the ROku 3 takes around 10 seconds. And navigating Hulu+ is fast with the Mini but nowhere near as fast as the Roku 3.

EDIT: I just checked my Roku2. It took around 20 seconds for Hulu+ to load. Navigating Hulu+ on the Mini is a noticeably faster than navigating Hulu+ on the Roku2.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I can't wait to dump my sluggish Elite when the next 4+ tuner unit comes out from TiVo hopefully with a processor equal to or better than the Mini. The Mini gives a taste of how the HDUI should have performed years ago. The Elite by comparison is ridiculously slow. I avoid interacting with the Elite directly as much as possible and its sluggishness was the main reason I paid $250 for a Mini to use as a front end for it.
    (Sorry for the off topic digression, but I couldn't resist given the speed comments).

4. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    20 seconds to load my Hulu+, with my Mini and Cat 6. a little longer using Moca. This is the first time that I have used Moca. My Tx Phy values are really low,Tx=122 Rx=212. I will need to check into that. I have an amp so...I can't believe that it works at all, with that number.

Funny how sometimes it just seems to take longer, especially with two little ones, waiting to watch.

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Wow... that's good news. I find Hulu+ on my Roku 2 perfectly acceptable. I really hope TiVo can get a new Netflix and Amazon app released in the first half of this year.

6. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Hulu+ worked quite well on my mini (similar to my Samsung smart tv and much better than my Elite). But, I cancelled my subscription today since the main reason why I was using it was to get shows like the daily show and Colbert report on the tv in my basement. The mini alleviates the need for that. Any other programming I can get from my instant amazon prime streaming on my Samsung smart tv.