1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any deals at all going from Series2 LT -> Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by cruiserandmax, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I have a Series 2 w/lifetiime that I put in the closet years ago when we got our Comcast HD DVR. With Comcast on-demand coming to tivo, I would consider ditching my Comcast DVR and going back to Tivo. Unfortunately for the past couple years there have been no upgrade paths available going from an existing Series2 w/Lifetime subscription. Has anyone seen any offers or deals that might apply in this situation?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Well, first you want to have your unit call to the tivo mothership so they know it is still out there and you can get MSD.

There have been various paths to upgrade to a P from a series 2. Perhaps not what you were looking for, but they have been offered nonetheless. To get any offer, they need to have your unit active (which means a connection within ~180 days).

3. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I'm plugging it in tonight- I hadn't even thought of that- thanks for the tip!

4. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    It's been at least a year since I've had it plugged in. I just plugged it in, and it downloaded new info fine and is up an running now... When I log into my account online it still says I don't qualify for a MSD. Maybe I need to wait a while until my current connection 'registers'. So having this old Series 2 with it's lifetime subscription may get me a multi service discount? Any idea what that will amount to? What I'm really looking for is some significant discount on a new lifetime sub to a premiere.

5. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    btw- I got a bunch of PMs in response to this, but I can't reply to any because of my post count- so thanks to all who did- I'm hoping to leverage this Series 2 DVR I have into an upgrade to a Premiere w/lifetime sub..

6. dreamwish

dreamwish New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Would you be willing to share your research? I'm in the same situation w/ an ancient S2 w/ Lifetime. Can PM me, if you'd rather do that.

Thanks!

7. DTxAg

DTxAg New Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Same here

8. BTDFXD

BTDFXD New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Be interested as well.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    For the MSD you will get $100 off of Lifetime or $12.99/month.

10. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    After my Tivo was connected all day yesterday, I now see the offer for $12.99/mo or $399/lifetime online. That's some discount, but not really worth ditching my Comcast DVR at this point.

11. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There was also a coupon at one of the coupon sites that gives a new Tivo subscriber lifetime service for $399 as well. I have no idea if it's still good, but it was still working last week.

12. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    'PLSR' -- was working yesterday.

13. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Seriously? LOL.

14. cruiserandmax

cruiserandmax New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Yeah, I guess I just don't care that much.