1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another MOCA Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by don129, Aug 30, 2013.

1. don129

don129 New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I've contacted TiVO support several times so far without luck... I'm hoping someone can help here.

I'm trying to set up a base Roamio & a Mini to work on my home Moca network.
    The Roamio has a Moca adapter & the Mini plugs directly into the coax from the wall.

The other Moca adapter creating the network is adjacent to my cable modem & wireless router. The output of the adapter goes to a splitter that feeds 2 coax locations in my house including the Roamio & mini noted above.

Issue is this.... when I plug in just the Mini, Moca works. When I plug in just the Roamio, Moca works. When I plug them in together, the Mini doesn't see the Moca and doesn't work.

I don't yet have the POE filter installed and am waiting on it. I also have oddball coax run through my house (NEK Cable Type RG62 AWG22 Flourofoam.....). Could power loss due to the cabling & POE filter be the cause of my issues??
  2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    So both devices are on the moca adapter's "RF OUT" coax leg? I'm a little surprised 1 works, actually. I didn't know if the moca signal traveled that way or not. But I suspect that's the basic root of the problem... one moca adapter being on the RF out leg of another moca adapter. I don't know enough to explain exactly why, but that's popped up once or twice here.
  3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    I doubt power is the issue. It sounds more like self-interference. How exactly do you have the adapter and Tivos connected? Is there a TV signal (ota or cable) on the same coax and if so how exactly do you have that connected?