1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another crash after the update

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by KevinG, Apr 28, 2014.

1. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    Watching a recording on the Roamio last night. It glitched, and I was almost CERTAIN that it was going to reboot. It didn't. But the wife called up to me from downstairs to tell me that the Mini she was watching a recording on rebooted (at exactly the same moment).

Just adding to whatever data is out there. This release has been terrible.

2. Ieolus

Ieolus New Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Agreed.

Today, for some reason, my Roamio Pro is constantly rebooting. It is at random times too... once it stayed up for 30 seconds, another for 20 minutes or so.

Edit: So Tivo chat support had me unplug the Tivo from power for 30 seconds, and restart it w/o network connection. If it doesn't come back up, try again, and if that fails, to call tech support. Mine did actually come back up, sans network connection, so I guess I don't have a problem?

3. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    Nah, that's just their one of their standard trouble-shooting steps. Having a problem? Try unplugging it.

My guess is you'll be back to having problems. But, with the frequency of your reboots...I expect that you have a real issue, and not something to do with the new software.