1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing the TiVo Stream!

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by tivosupport_jessica, Sep 10, 2012.

1. tivosupport_jessica

tivosupport_jessica New Member

Jun 15, 2012
    ‘TiVo is pleased to announce the launch of TiVo Stream! Now TiVo Premiere users can easily stream recorded shows to iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices anywhere within the home network. Stream also allows users to download shows to their mobile devices wirelessly, so they can watch their shows from virtually anywhere – a faster, simpler, more convenient solution compared to previous TiVoToGo products.

For more information on this exciting new product, check out www.tivo.com/stream.

Edit: I repaired the link, I apologize for the inconvenience.

2. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    Sweetness.

Though the link says page not found.

3. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Sorry but i have to laugh at this post by Tivo.... As if the number of threads with people having the stream didnt tip anyone off we knew about it

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Any word on when Android support is coming? I want to pick up a stream but it will be useless to me until there is support for Android products.

6. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    So this only works with Premier? Not TivoHD?

7. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Correct

8. wtherrell

wtherrell Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Can I stream from my Premiere to one of my other boxes? Or from Premiere to Stream box? I have 4 Tivos at various points in my house. Connected by Moca.
    Two series 2. 1 TivoHD. 1 Premiere Elite.
    This needs to happen in addition to Android support.
    I would like to stream from my premiere to a stream box connected to a TV in my wife's sewing room.

9. vectorcatch

vectorcatch New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm not sure I understand the exact question, but the stream does not have a video output of any kind. It does not connect to a TV, it is a just a black box on the network.

10. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Streaming only works with Premiere units. If all of your TiVos were Premiere units then you could stream between them without buying a Stream. The Stream is only necessary for streaming to an iPad. Premiere to Premiere streams work without any additional hardware.

TiVo is also planning on releasing a TiVo Mini, which is basically a diskless TiVo Premiere, that will stream from other Premieres in your house. If you don't need the actual tuners then these might be a good alternative to having an actual TiVo in each room. They will also have Moca built in so you wont need all those bridges.

Dan