1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing: Stock Viewer for TiVo (beta)

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by F8ster, May 6, 2006.

1. F8ster

F8ster The Very Last One

May 26, 2002
    This application will allow you to enter stock lists and view details about stocks, mutual funds, and market indices. It's been under development by the entire bitrazor.com development staff (me) for about two months, and I think it's about ready to leave the nest.

See the screenshots and user guide for more information on what it looks like and how it works.

I am looking for a few brave souls to beta-test it for me. The Mac/UNIX deployment hasn't been tested at all, so I expect a few problems there. I have fixed all the defects I know of in the app itself. The Windows version has a simple installer and runs as a Windows service on XP SP2.

If you're interested in beta testing it (and are willing to take the time to report bugs back to me and send me logs), please send me e-mail at admin22@bitrazor.com or PM me here and I'll happily send you the login and password for the install page. I'll probably take the first 15-20 or so respondents.

2. F8ster

F8ster The Very Last One

May 26, 2002
    I think I'll go ahead and release it. The install directory is now open to the public:

http://bitrazor.com/stock/install/index.php

I'd prefer any bug reports via e-mail instead of posted, but either way is OK. (online2@bitrazor.com)

3. elrothir

elrothir New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    KS
    Hi. This app looks really great. I'm going to give it a try tonight. Give your staff the day off! :)

Is the source included in the install? If not, any chance of sharing the source? I'd be interested to see how you're receiving the quote information and incorporating that into the screens.

Good work!
    elrothir

4. F8ster

F8ster The Very Last One

May 26, 2002
    Thanks. :) I haven't posted the source yet but I'll PM you a link.