1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol Top 6 Results - OAD 4/19/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    And once again - fricken' Hollie dodges a bullet.

WHY CAN'T SHE JUST GO AWAY!!!

Oh well, at least she wears cute outfits and tonight was no exception. She can't sing great, but she does have good fashion sense.

As for Colton, I have been meh about him all season, and he really stank it up last night, so it wasn't shocking. I really am surprised that Elise didn't go home, but she is much better than Colton IMO.

I think now that Colton is gone, all his votes will swing to Phillip. He is almost guaranteed a spot in the final. It will be interesting to see who will be standing next to him...

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Didn't see that coming!

3. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    There were actually 7 contestants again and not 6.

4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Hollie is in it to win it! Plus to annoy nyny523. :)

5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I hate you America.

6. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    I think the nyny523/Hollie conundrum is one of those situations where the listener's middle ear and the singer's unique frequency combine to form an auditory incongruity.
    Either that or nyny23 is experiencing paracusia, as I don't find Hollie to be egregiously discordant at all.

Yeah, I'm in a weird mood- whatsit to ya? :p

7. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I just can't stand her voice. She sings out of tune and it drives me NUTS!

8. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't hear it at all, and I'm generally sensitive to people out of tune.

9. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Apparently not sensitive enough!!! :p

10. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
  11. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm actually enjoying Hollie now. She always had nice a clean voice, and she finally shook off the stage fright that made her look like a robot. She's definitely in tune.

But I wanted to see more of Colton.

12. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    I like Hollie too, and Colton annoyed me no end. He really was the worst Wednesday and deserved to go. I didn't think he would, but maybe all the teeny girls were doing homework and not voting.

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well at least that just ensured P2 to the finale!

14. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I only care about Phillip and Elise. Since she's always on the chopping block I'm just as happy to see Colton go.

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Undoubtedly! But if he wins, Idol really has to look at the voting process- this many white guys with guitars in a row is a clear pattern that no one can ignore.
    And I'm one that likes Joshua but think they are trying too hard with him and his minority- he now has six standing ovations in a row. That's absurd.
    Elise is now reminding me of Syesha way back in season 7- she just kept hanging on and hanging on.
    I'm hoping Skylar can sneak into the final three- I think we have more girls left at this point than we have in a long while.

Who does that leave- Hollie whom I like far more than Jessica, and Jessica.
    Hmmm... gonna be interesting!

Queen next week as mentors then we get our first look at the Queen Extravaganza tribute band on results night... fun!

16. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    At least this one is good.

17. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Hey now, so was Kris. I actually didn't FFW his performance last night and liked it a lot. I follow him on Twitter too, he's such a great guy to his fans. :up:

18. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    He was ok. Kris is the poster boy for the cute white male advantage. He never should have won that year.

19. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think Colton's religious voting block turned on him for singing Lady Gaga. Fundamental Christians are very anti-Gaga. That's what got him booted. He knew it and that is what he was apologizing for. That's also why he fell on his knees and sang what he calls his worship song.

Did anyone else see all of the other contestants start going to him for hugs and such then have to turn around when he fell on his knees?

20. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Glad Hollie is still around.

Colton wasn't the worst of the bunch but he wasn't going to win IMO so it's not a big loss.

Elise is the one that needs to go next. Then Joshua.

I didn't like Jessica's singing much this week and I guess she should have already been gone but overall, her other performances have been pretty good. SO, a final three of Hollie, PP, and Jessica would be OK w/me.

And like others have said, most of Coltons voters will hopefully shift to PP enough to get him into the final two.