1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol - Top 5 Results - 05/03/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, May 3, 2012.

1. May 3, 2012 #1 of 33
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Joshua - Safe

Phillip and Hollie - Phillip is safe and Hollie is in the bottom two.

Skylar and Jessica - Jessica is safe and Skylar is in the bottom two

Person with the lowest votes is Skylar

Maui is very disappointed!

-----

A couple of side notes:

I can't believe they are already talking about Joshua recording for the record label. Even if it is true I think it is wrong to talk about it while the competition is still going on.

I believe that if all of the top 5 released CDs, Skylar would probably have the most commercial success.

If the top three tonight winds up being the final top three (meaning Hollie goes home next week) then I will not even bother to watch the last few weeks of shows (although I will be rooting for Jessica and will check the threads for opinions and results).

I am very scared that we are going to have, in my humble opinion, an undeserved all male finale.

2. May 3, 2012 #2 of 33
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    ahhhhhhhhh you'll keep watching only mostly with your finger on the FF button. the last two weeks i've figured out i can pretty much skip the 2 hour show and then just watch what Jimmy Iovine has to say.

i dun't no how hollie has managed to stay in this thing.

3. May 3, 2012 #3 of 33
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    And Hollie lives on yet again...

Well, as unpopular as it is here, I am hoping for a Joshua/Jessica final 2.

4. May 3, 2012 #4 of 33
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Actually no I won't because that is how I currently watch. I mean it when I say I will not watch the last few weeks if that is the top three.

At least you didn't say Phillip and Joshua. Phillip has never been in the bottom three. I fear a Scotty McCreery style run.

5. May 3, 2012 #5 of 33
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I am not a Phillip fan. He is very cute, and he has had a couple of nice moments, but overall I find him a bit contrived. He ruined two really good songs last night (especially the Boxtops song, which I love).

Clearly he has been ill, which hasn't helped him any, but I still am very unimpressed.

I know some people here will now come in and shoot me. Oh well! :p

6. May 3, 2012 #6 of 33
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I am amazed sometimes, Maui, how much your Idol posts reflect nearly exactly what I am thinking!

I was very disappointed that Skylar was going home, and as I watched her farewell performance and they showed shots of the remaining four, I was thinking that whole time that I have pretty much lost all interest in watching any further. Only Hollie holds any interest for me anymore, and with the way America's been voting, it would seem she goes home next.

I can't stand Joshua at all. If Phillip is as sick as Jimmy made it sound tonight, that might explain it, but to me it seems like he checked out weeks ago and just has no interest in being on anymore. That coupled with the fact that I don't really like his song stylings at all mean bleh-just not interested.

Jessica's got a good instrument, it just seems like the one playing it doesn't have the talent to play it, if that makes any sense. She amazes me sometimes, but she just plain bores me.

I didn't watch the performance show until tonight because I've found myself losing interest to the point of not making it a point to watch the same night. Even that interest is gone now.

Like with How I Met Your Mother, I will probably stick with it to the end, the whole time wondering why the hell I am.

7. May 4, 2012 #7 of 33
    SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Why they like Joshua and Phillip is beyond me. One screechs his songs and the other sounds the same no matter what he sings.

8. May 4, 2012 #8 of 33
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I did notice he was not in the Ford commercial again.

9. May 4, 2012 #9 of 33
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I'm hoping the two girls make the finals.

10. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I didn't find Jessica's dress to be too racy.

11. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...

Why? So the whole country can be put to sleep?

I don't get all the love for these two.

12. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    In that case I am outraged. :D

13. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    IMO, the bottom two were the top two on performances Wednesday, so WTF do I know about who's going to win. No doubt it's a guy, even though I would have had both of them up for elimination last night.

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    [​IMG]

;)

Obviously I'm happy Phillip stayed. I know everyone thinks he sounds the same every week but that's because he's solid in his own skin and style and doesn't plan to change it (even if that were possible which I'm certain it's not). I don't think there's anything wrong with that but I do get why that would make him unpopular with many people on a show like this. And I think his laid back personality is often times confused with him "mailing it in", which I also don't believe he does.

Anyhow, I think Skylar got a raw deal. I was really starting to think it might be her and Phillip in the finale. I honestly DO NOT want Phillip to win so he can go home any week now and I'll be thrilled with how far he's come. The only problem with that after this week is the remaining are in NO WAY capable of inspiring me to vote or buy their music. I can't see how any of them can make a sell out Idol like Kelly or Carrie.

Oh well. Another season close to over and I can have 3 hours of my week back.

15. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    really surprised Skylar went home. I thought she did good enough on performance night to stay. i thought Hollie did great.

They might as well just go ahead and give it to Joshua. :rolleyes:

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Phil is the only male performer left who represents mainstream rock, so he has a huge built-in audience from that alone, plus girls think he's pretty which can't hurt. He can afford to be a little stubborn.

That said, the LA Times has a poll that includes AI and The Voice contestants, "Vote for your favorite performance of the week":
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sho...p-skylar-laine-booted-off-in-fifth-place.html

For Idol, its:
    Skylar Laine, "American Idol" 5.15%
    Phillip Phillips, "American Idol" 9.07%
    Hollie Cavanagh, "American Idol" 13.91%
    Josh Ledet, "American Idol" 15.73%
    Jessica Sanchez, "American Idol" 25.93%

[AI's contestants got significantly more votes than contestants on The Voice.]

Most other web polls suggest that it's very bad news for Phil, but that obviously isn't true for the show results.

17. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Teenage girls are not surfing the LA Times website to take the polls.

18. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Hahaha!

19. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I wouldn't have found it too racy for an adult, but for a 16 year old girl it was way too tight and too short.

I'm going to miss watching Skylar's performances. She was the only one that was fun to watch!

Phil is boring me. Every song sounds the same, and his clothes could not be more sad. Unfitted, unbuttoned, drab shirt over dark boring t- shirt.

If it is true that teenage girls are the majority of the voters, Phil wins this.

20. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    You and I have been on exactly the same page all season. It makes me happy that there's at least one more Joshua supporter here.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting afraid of too. If he wasn't in the bottom two last night, I think it's pretty much sealed that he never will be and he'll take the whole thing.

Yeah, could JLo have been any more condescending?