1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol - Top 3 Results 05/09/13 - Videos for those who gave up this year

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, May 9, 2013.

1. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I am very happy right now that the two contestants I started rooting for in the top 10 have made if to the final 2. America and I finally see eye to eye.

Here they are for the benefit of those who stopped watching this year. No guy with guitar this year.

2. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Wow. I was a little surprised. I thought Angie would make it. Not that I think she is the best singer, but I still thought she'd beat Kree. Crazy. I guess you can never underestimate the Country Voters.

3. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Yes, clearly country music has a lot of fans. Cree had a great voice, but Angie usually had much better performances.

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    That's what I thought.
    I also thought she was more likely to have a hit.
    I was pretty much fast forwarding through Kree the last 4 weeks so finale is gonna be kinda boring for me :)

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Well, I guess it's Candice's to lose now.

Count me in the ones who were surprised it was Kree over Angie, but I think all three of them will do well individually (as I've said before).

Kree will REALLY need to bring it next week, but I'm pretty sure it's all over. Still, it wouldn't be the first time this show has not gone the way I expect!

6. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I don't think it is that much of a given as some think. Do I think Candice is a better singer? Yes. Absolutely. I have said so since they made it to the top 10. But looking at a couple of factors I can't count Kree out.

1. The Country vote.
    2. The ealier poll that showed Country being the favorite genre.
    3. Kree has never been in the bottom 2 or 3 that I can remember
    4. Candice was in the bottom 2 when it was the top 4 a few weeks ago.

I'll be happy with either winning and they both should do fine.

7. mostman

mostman Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Boston
    Both Candice and Kree have been in the bottom two. Angie was the only one who had not. I've always thought that trying to correlate how many votes someone got before to how many votes they get in the current week is incorrect. The better way to look at it is to see who got voted out and then try to figure out where those votes will go. Some people will stop voting, but most will just vote for someone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_12)#Elimination_chart

8. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Candice has a great voice but I don't think her style which Randy labeled Gospel, will sell records. I think she should head right to Broadway where she has the possibility of winning a Tony. In a way Angie lucked out. She is now free to sign with any record label. That way she is not owned by Idol for a year. I think she has everything it takes to be a big star.