1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol - Top 3 Perform - OAD 5/8/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, May 8, 2013.

1. May 8, 2013 #1 of 17
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I have no idea how America is going to vote. I can say that in the few years that I have watched this show the this is, by a long shot, the most talented top three I have seen.

If I had to rank the rounds I would say

Round 1 went to Angie
    Round 2 went to Kree
    Round 3 went to Candace

Some of the song choices tonight did not let the singers soar. They really handcuffed Kree with the 1st and 3rd song choice but she was stellar on the 2nd song.

I said this back at the top 10 two months ago and it still holds true today

Candace is amazing!

At this point I don't think the results matter. I could see all three women being successful after the show.

2. May 9, 2013 #2 of 17
    TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Usually, we get to this stage and I don't care who wins because my favorite has been eliminated (Casey last year, Chris Daughtrey, etc.).

However, this year, I don't care who wins because all three are awesome! Last night was pure entertainment except for Kree's last song, which just did not suit her voice (but she still sounded good).

Candice's rendition of Somewhere was just exceptional and Angie did really well. Funnily enough, her piano song was the weakest of the three, but in my opinion, enough to get her into the final with Candice.

Not much of a stretch, but I predict Candice to win it all, but, as I said, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them winning. They all have great careers ahead of them in their own genre.

3. May 9, 2013 #3 of 17
    Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    All three amazing! As Jimmy said, "Somewhere" will appeal to all. Thinking of the demographic of the voters, thinking Angie, Kree, Candice. I think they want young and attractive (chic) at the top.

4. May 9, 2013 #4 of 17
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I really don't think you can count Kree out. Idol, over the last few years, seems to have a heavy country fan base. having Keith as a judge may help that. Also, there was the vote earlier this season that showed country was the preferred genre by a pretty large margin.

The fact that Candace was in the bottom two a few weeks ago means that I am not sure she is a sure thing to make the final 2. I stick to my statement from 2 months ago that she has the best overall voice. Hard to believe that this is her 3rd attempt on the show.

Angie has a very good voice and her performances are solid but her song choices usually don't click with me, which just goes to show that it can have as much to do with song choice and genre as it does voice.

Again, I think they all have the potential to be pretty successful regardless of their finish order.

5. May 9, 2013 #5 of 17
    TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Agreed.

It's not that hard to believe that it took her three attempts to get on the show. It's all down to song choice and, to an extent, who auditioned in front of her. If that person was amazing, it's harder on her - and with the wrong song, she fails to impress anyway.

I read a story of someone who auditioned (and didn't get through). She said that at the initial stadium auditions, long before the judges get to hear them, a girl literally stopped everyone in their tracks when she sang - and didn't get picked!

6. May 9, 2013 #6 of 17
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Well, they are not looking for the best singers, they are casting a show.

They probably try and get a good variety of "types" and who really knows what kind of criteria they use when assigning people to their respective categories. Could be genre (the pop girl, the country girl) or physical characteristics (skinny, chunky, blonde, brunette) or other qualities (perky, serious) and so on.
    Casting is where all the voter manipulation really starts so they pay a good deal of attention to it.

7. May 9, 2013 #7 of 17
    stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I liked Keith's comment--if you're not voting for Candace, you're probably not breathing, or something like that. IMO it's no contest--it's a shame the other 2 are up against her. Any other year any one of the other top 3 could win.

For some reason I really don't like it when they play piano while they sing. And they keep pushing her to do it. Like she said one time, it takes long enough to prepare 3 songs--then she has to learn to play it almost without thinking so she can concentrate on her performance.

8. May 9, 2013 #8 of 17
  9. May 9, 2013 #9 of 17
    Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I think Candice is done, although it should be Kree. Country votes add up and the little girls love Angie.

10. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am favoring Angie and probably have since she did her original song.

Kree is not even in the same league as the other 2.

Candice - I think she is very talented but she keeps reminding me of Queen Latifah. I ain't feel in it dawg.

11. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I think the producers what Candice to win. They set her up with a great song but I cant believe the judges didn't notice she wasn't hitting the right notes at times. I don't think Candice would be a good choice for winner, which is why I wonder why the producers are pushing her. Randy said her style of singing is gospel and there isn't a lot of record sales in that type of music. What I would tell her to do is set her sights on Broadway. I think she would have a better chance of winning a Tony then a Grammy.
    Angie has it all. She sings, writes, plays the piano and looks good. When she did the Pink song she looked like she was performing at a concert. She has the possibility of selling a lot of records.
    Kree needs to break out of her shell and really go all out but I think its too late for her. Looks like it will be Candice and Angie.

12. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    All judges are fired next year as well as producer Nigel Lythgoe.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Thank you - I thought the same thing - she was flat on the big notes.

You might be right but I thought Angie would have been the most commercially successful of the 3.
    Bummer.

14. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Says who?

15. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Cainebj, it's been in the news the past few days. Even Randy announced he wasn't coming back a few days ago.

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    when that was posted i only heard Randy's departure.

interesting they would announce that BEFORE the finale.

is this actually a spoiler?

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/insider-american-idol-firing-all-four-judges-getting-massive-makeover-90256

17. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    Agree with all this, even though I am wrong on that very last part, I would have picked those two. I wanted Angie to win, so I am a bit disappointed. I thought she won the night, but I guessed in advance Candice was being set up for a "big finish". She did very well, but it was very Broadway. NTTIAWWT.