1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Horror Story "Coven" premiere set for Oct. 9

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Premiere date is Oct. 9 at 9 p.m. CDT... stars Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters, Frances Conroy, Angela Bassett and Denis O'Hare.

2. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I love this series - and that it's got the same core cast through the different seasons, even though they're different stories is one of my favorite things.

3. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I still have to watch the Second season! Sheesh I am slacking.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Heh, the inadvertent criticism of modern television here cracks me up. :D

5. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    I guess I will give this a shot. I bailed on the second season about halfway through. It was okay, I just didn't find it compelling.

6. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
  7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ooh, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett. Love! They will be a great addition. Looking forward to the new chapter.

Of course, I love Jessica Lange so I'm glad she keeps coming back. Is this 'Farmiga' related to Vera?

Thanks for the heads up on the date. If people keep an SP on AHS it won't pick it up unless you know the rest.

8. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Yes, Vera is Taissa's older sister.

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks, WT! I should have just looked it up. Thanks for being polite in your response. :)

10. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    And Taissa is not new to AHS - she's returning from Season 1 (she played the daughter, who was drawn to psychoboy Evan Peters). I can't remember her character name. Unless it was Violet, in which case I do remember. But I think I'm just thinking of the daughter in The Incredibles.

11. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    You are correct on both counts, the daughter was Violet.

12. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    The guests on Monday, September 2, 2013 on The Writer's Room on Sundance Channel are Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuck, creators of American Horror Story.

13. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    As others have noted, yes, and Emma Roberts is Julia Roberts' niece, and Eric Roberts' daughter.

14. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    I hope this season is better. Season 2 was awful with a capital A.

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    With this, I agree...

16. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    I loved the second season even more than the first, and I thought the first was spectacular.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I actually thought S2 began well, but, as it became worse and worse, I found my interest gone by the end of the season. I'll give S3 a try, but if they don't hit a home run right away, I'm out (as Kramer would say...)

18. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    I actually thought it got better and better. In fact, I watched the first episode, and it took me months and months before I actually watched the rest, maybe because the first episode was *too*--I don't know--something.

What I really liked was that the show never went where I was expecting, and I liked where it did go. And as one recapper put it about the Name Game scene with Jessica Lange, and this is a paraphrase from memory, "It's only January, but I've already found the best TV scene of the year."

19. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    I agree with this and so did the ratings. After the renewal announcement, the ratings tanked, big time, as the story became more and more convoluted. Aliens, the devil, serial killers? Could it have sank into any more of a cliche?

20. Joules1111

Joules1111 Not Drawful

Jul 21, 2005
    Tonights the night. Not sure how I feel about the "witch" theme, but I am interested in the inclusion of

a side story about Madame Delphine LaLaurie.

Anyone else goingto be watching?