1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Horror Story: Coven 10/23/2013 "The Replacements"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cearbhaill, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Well, that was disturbing on so very many levels!

I can't decide which was worse- the Minotaur sex or the sexual abuse of FrankenKyle. Do we think Queenie was voodoo-ing beasty rape to Madame LaLaurie, or giving herself to "someone special"?

Madame LaLaurie's reaction to a black President was priceless, though.

2. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I don't even know what to say about this show! As you said, so disturbing! I am enjoying it LOTS more than last year!

3. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    [​IMG]

I am loving Kathy Bates in this. And I'm looking forward to seeing other cast from prior seasons pop up in later episodes (I'm assuming we'll see at least a few more returning cast members, but I haven't been spoiled as to whom, or whether that's so).

As far as what was happening with Queenie and the Minotaur - I hadn't considered either one of those possibilities, though I like both of them. I just took the scene at face value and assumed she was getting molested by a minotaur. It happens.

4. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Watching mother-son sex was yucky. I know, they're actors not really mother and son, but still yucky.

5. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    What he did to her head afterwards was also pretty yucky. :eek:

6. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I loved seeing Marie Laveau sitting on her throne, playing solitaire on a tablet.

7. Nov 1, 2013 #7 of 11
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    That was priceless! Also loved mama's crushed skull -- quite graphic even for cable...

8. Nov 5, 2013 #8 of 11
    Eptiger

Eptiger TiVo N00b

Jan 16, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Such a good episode!! It's too bad this show isn't getting more attention - I'm sure people are writing it off as just some hum drum horror movie dragged into a show but the fact that we're reacting so viscerally means that they're doing a great job of creating something that's not just a thriller but is engaging.

Regarding Queenie - I didn't think she had any malice in her mind trying to get in Bastien's minotaur pants. I think she legitimately identified with him. I'd doubt that her powers are strong enough to spread the feeling of having sex to someone she can't even see in front of her =P

No comments about the ending? I was shocked they'd kill off a main character so fast. Granted, I figured that Jessica Lange wasn't going to step aside for Emma Roberts, but it was still kind of a sudden death. I figured that she was going to just screw with her and threaten her or something, I didn't think she'd slit her throat after getting in her head. I liked how she even acted remorseful for a second about it.

I like how this season is wittier, too. "This coven doesn't need a new supreme it needs a new rug"

Elton

9. Nov 5, 2013 #9 of 11
    Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    This is the single show this fall that I can't wait to see each week.

Regarding the death, I agree bit with this show, who really knows. People don't tend to stay dead. Lol.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Plus being dead doesn't always make them less of a character in the show...hell, in Season 1 much of the cast was dead!

And even if she's dead dead (which I don't believe for a moment), she could be back next season in a new role.

11. Eptiger

Eptiger TiVo N00b

Jan 16, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    True. Lily Rabe is back, after all, and I love the role she's in now! (haven't seen last week's episode quite yet, btw - trying to catch up on my shows evenly and fight the urge to binge on Coven)

Elton