1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Dan203, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    About a month ago I sold a S3 unit with lifetime.. The new owner hasn't move it to his own account yet. I want to relink my current TiVos to my Amazon account so I can download some stuff, but when I do that sold TiVo gets added too because it's still on my account. I have a pin code, but I'm still uncomfortable with some stranger having potential access to my Amazon account.

So I'm wondering if I go into the website and uncheck those two transfer options for that TiVo will that make it so they can not access Amazon?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I would think that unchecking the 'Enable Video Downloads' box under DVR preferences would essentially disable the Amazon app, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig just to see if it is true. :)

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Yea, I had a similar situation with a Series 2 lifetime I sold last year on ebay. To this day, the new owner has STILL not put it on their own account and it shows up in my online account. I basically disabled "Video downloads" & "video sharing" and no problems.

If they ever want to do one of these, they will have to get the TiVo moved to their own account, but in my case, I suspect since its been over a year that they aren't interested in this. Hell, I even wonder if they are still actually using it. :p

There are probably two ways to try to get them to move it off your account. Either contact them directly and ask politely if they would contact TiVo in order to them move it to their own account. If unable to contact them, then you can do online scheduling of all kinds of shows to their TiVo. This might hopefully motivate them into trying to figure out what is going on & why the DVR is filling up so fast with unwanted recordings & then ultimately move it to their own account. Just some suggestions